Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 38225 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
Murph and Gibbs have been criticized almost from day 1 in various quarters. The other thread is something that seems very fitting in the post-Trump era.

Just like Judd had his critics from day one, and as he seems to have them now, perhaps they are just a bunch of complainers?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Rest Macreadie, Fisher and Polson, push Weitering back, debut Mackay and bring in 2 of Smedts, Graham or Palmer.
I'd be tempted to bring in Jones for Phillips too, although hopefully Phillips is better for the run he had last week.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #62
I think we'll see Kreuz and Daisy back at least.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
This is really interesting... a few dilemmas and balancing acts.

The Fluffy Ducks are vulnerable and have more kids than usual. But nothing like us. In our last game we had about 13 players with less than 50 games!!!

If we were desperate to win perhaps we could load up on hardened senior players for the contested game - bring back Kreuz, Kerridge, Graham, A Silvagni, Daisy and Buckley and rest 6 of the lighter kids and drop Phillips), personally I think that would be silly. Or we could continue to expose kids so bring in Cuningham and McKay for any injured or sore blokes... Or the balancing act of something between those extremes, which makes more sense.

Tough call really, SOS would be just a little bit happy if we could have loads of narrow losses to keep our draft position strong, but BB would love to see the kids sticking to their guns and to start experiencing winning which builds well for the future.

I've watched replays of our last two games and gee, if you turn off the sound and just watch the games, there really is a lot to like. It's like we're nearly there and we're not far from 'clicking'... a la what the Dawks just achieved.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64
Just like Judd had his critics from day one, and as he seems to have them now, perhaps they are just a bunch of complainers?

Strange how the poster, Spammer? didn't appear after the drug cheat game. When the facts don't fit the agenda...

Reply #65
This is really interesting... a few dilemmas and balancing acts.

The Fluffy Ducks are vulnerable and have more kids than usual. But nothing like us. In our last game we had about 13 players with less than 50 games!!!

If we were desperate to win perhaps we could load up on hardened senior players for the contested game - bring back Kreuz, Kerridge, Graham, A Silvagni, Daisy and Buckley and rest 6 of the lighter kids and drop Phillips), personally I think that would be silly. Or we could continue to expose kids so bring in Cuningham and McKay for any injured or sore blokes... Or the balancing act of something between those extremes, which makes more sense.

Tough call really, SOS would be just a little bit happy if we could have loads of narrow losses to keep our draft position strong, but BB would love to see the kids sticking to their guns and to start experiencing winning which builds well for the future.

I've watched replays of our last two games and gee, if you turn off the sound and just watch the games, there really is a lot to like. It's like we're nearly there and we're not far from 'clicking'... a la what the Dawks just achieved.
Im in the keep exposing the kids camp, within reason. If players are sore? Rest them as they did with Kruze and Daisy.
- Kruze definitely in for Phillips if he is right.
- 2 of Daisy, Smedts, Cunners and Nick G for Murph and Gibbs if they dont come up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
I just read an article stating Murphy's injury is worse than first thought, torn meniscus out for two months.

I had a hairline tear that kept me out for six weeks when I was twenty.

Last year we won what one out of eleven minus the skipper??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67
Im in the keep exposing the kids camp, within reason. If players are sore? Rest them as they did with Kruze and Daisy.
- Kruze definitely in for Phillips if he is right.
- 2 of Daisy, Smedts, Cunners and Nick G for Murph and Gibbs if they dont come up.

Yep, like it. Cuningham has probably earned a crack (to see if he can sustain for 4 quarters, though he did vanish again during his last VFL game), though I suspect it is more likely to be a Kerridge and Graham for Murphy and Gibbs (if his thumb doesn't come up).

Reply #68
Yep, like it. Cuningham has probably earned a crack (to see if he can sustain for 4 quarters, though he did vanish again during his last VFL game), though I suspect it is more likely to be a Kerridge and Graham for Murphy and Gibbs (if his thumb doesn't come up).
Cunningham must a prioroty over the other two IMO. I understand the form/merit thing but he was solid as was Graham but I would go with Cunningham over Graham in this instance. Seems to have bulked up a little and the body is into its second year so get him in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
Report are that Murphy and Gibbs will be ready for the Swans game.

Reply #70
Report are that Murphy and Gibbs will be ready for the Swans game.

Depends which report you read.

Murphy might be an out....for more than a week

Reply #71
I just read an article stating Murphy's injury is worse than first thought, torn meniscus out for two months.

Gee I do hope you're wrong  :-[

Like him or not, he's highly respected by the boys. We're better with him in many ways.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #72
Gee I do hope you're wrong  :-[

Like him or not, he's highly respected by the boys. We're better with him in many ways.

I hope I'm wrong too.

He's been in good form this season and Murphy is due for a year without significant interruption as he hasn't enjoyed one since 2011.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #73

I heard the same rumour late yesterday, something about him needing/getting an extra set of scans before they could find the problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Cunningham must a prioroty over the other two IMO. I understand the form/merit thing but he was solid as was Graham but I would go with Cunningham over Graham in this instance. Seems to have bulked up a little and the body is into its second year so get him in.

Problem is, Graham will go for 4 quarters, get the hard ball but with average disposal. But he wins inandunder contests. Cuningham is young but will only go 2 1/2 quarters and is not so good with inanduner. Cuningham has finesse and superior skill resulting in great evasiveness but, sadly, ordinary disposal.  :-\