Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 38224 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #150
No doubt young tyros Cunningham, McKay and now Polson and Pickett, are being asked to put in a big VFL game this week. Fair enough.

Think Jones may sneak in at the expense of a tall that doesn't come up. I'm thinking they may rest Weitering. Not sure. Maybe Kreuzer doesn't' come up. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind Jones on Franklin as a left field one. Or in the ruck even to play that role he did in the VFL against Willi last weekend.

As l've mentioned previously, I'm not against trialing a bloke like Lachie Plowman or Caleb Marchbank forward.

Reply #151
No doubt young tyros Cunningham, McKay and now Polson and Pickett, are being asked to put in a big VFL game this week. Fair enough.

Think Jones may sneak in at the expense of a tall that doesn't come up. I'm thinking they may rest Weitering. Not sure. Maybe Kreuzer doesn't' come up. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind Jones on Franklin as a left field one. Or in the ruck even to play that role he did in the VFL against Willi last weekend.

As l've mentioned previously, I'm not against trialing a bloke like Lachie Plowman or Caleb Marchbank forward.
Sorry but I'm not a fan of the notion of playing blokes like Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Rowe etc fwd. They are defenders, darn good ones to boot. They must IMO play back as a unit and grow stronger together with every game. They will develop a 6th sense playing together, this is what makes gun back lines. People talk about playing kids and destroying their confidence with beltings, personally I reckon throwing them around fwd and back all around the place is worse. The fwd line problem is a different kettle of fish and needs addressed separately. That is, when Harry is ready, he will come in and be given a go. When Kerr is ready, he will come in and be given a go. We can play small fwd lines rotating mids and HFs. We will target a gun fwd in this years draft, trading period. It takes time and we need to be patient. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is nonsense IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152
Sorry but I'm not a fan of the notion of playing blokes like Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Rowe etc fwd. They are defenders, darn good ones to boot. They must IMO play back as a unit and grow stronger together with every game. They will develop a 6th sense playing together, this is what makes gun back lines. People talk about playing kids and destroying their confidence with beltings, personally I reckon throwing them around fwd and back all around the place is worse. The fwd line problem is a different kettle of fish and needs addressed separately. That is, when Harry is ready, he will come in and be given a go. When Kerr is ready, he will come in and be given a go. We can play small fwd lines rotating mids and HFs. We will target a gun fwd in this years draft, trading period. It takes time and we need to be patient. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is nonsense IMO.

No need to be sorry. I completely disagree. I'd rather BB stay open minded with his players, positions, options, rather than have a closed minded view. Each to their own.

Reply #153
No need to be sorry. I completely disagree. I'd rather BB stay open minded with his players, positions, options, rather than have a closed minded view. Each to their own.

So long as it's not Groucho Marx style : "now there's a man with an open mind - you can feel the breeze from here."

Reply #154
I've found the ideal training regime for young Weiters;

He can do anything or everything!

It even comes with some automation;

But you have to be careful not to go too hard too soon!

You can end up with a hell of a headache!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #155
As with most AFL teams, we simply do not have one player that can go with Buddy and match all his attributes. Team defense is the only way.

Putting any of the players mentioned on him for more than 1q, is like lambs to the slaughter.

Reply #156

our midfield needs attention way before our forward line.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #157
our midfield needs attention way before our forward line.
No doubt about it, I am more confident in our fwd line moving fwd than the midfield in fact.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #158
Congratulations to Crippa on 50 games in the Navy Blue.
Hope he has a sensational game.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #159
Bringing my son for his first Carlton game today.  Hopefully they put on a good show.

Reply #160
Congratulations to Crippa on 50 games in the Navy Blue.
Hope he has a sensational game.

Same here. We don't seem to do milestone games too well. The notable exception in my memory is Simmo's 250th. Hopefully today can be the start of a better tradition.

Reply #163
I've never heard that phrase. For us, one less headache, and one less tall to worry about.

Reply #164
Great, Paul Roos part of the commentary team.   ::)