Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 14339 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #45
Yep...in trouble is NickG and a big chance to be moved on at years end if he cant start fixing his disposal errors especially that lack of a left foot.

Yeah. Nick's gone I reckon.
Be a great pick-up for the NB's.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #46
Yeah. Nick's gone I reckon.
Be a great pick-up for the NB's.

Again stiff, name one of our lads who doesn't have disposal issues, seriously!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #47
Again stiff, name one of our lads who doesn't have disposal issues, seriously!

Yeah, probably a bit stiff.
But he is not going to get any better is he?

So, give a younger bloke a chance.
Nick will never be better than a damn good VFL player.

still makers him a pretty good footballer.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #48
Yeah, probably a bit stiff.
But he is not going to get any better is he?

So, give a younger bloke a chance.
Nick will never be better than a damn good VFL player.

still makers him a pretty good footballer.

He's only 22 and has never been given a lengthy run in the 1s despite inevitably been serviceable, at worst.

Granted will never be a Judd or Dusty or Selwood, but hey...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #49
ok, so we discard hin and pick up a kid at pick 30 or 50 or whatever....

Graham goes ok (with upside imo in spite of hair cut), we know that, the kid is a total raffle.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #50
Nicky hasnt done enough with opportunities. His delivery into forward 50 has been poor. We needed him to step up here and he didn't deliver. I am not sure whether he will get another shot - funny thing is he has the tools to deliver the ball correctly into forward 50 but he keeps muffing it.

Reply #51
Nick should just follow his captain's lead and go with the 16 metre short passes. Sideways, backwards he'll get that efficiency right up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52
Nick should just follow his captain's lead and go with the 16 metre short passes. Sideways, backwards he'll get that efficiency right up.

Be fair MBB, 17-18m on a good day!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
Two weeks ago, Graham in the open and free tried his best to spot up 20m targets who were also open and free but kept missing them by 15m! ;D

Once could be considered an accident, but twice in one game is a suicide attempt!

Players can get a leave pass for missing under pressure, or missing a target who is dodging and weaving. But when you are 30m in the open on the fast break, and the target is 30m away from their nearest opponent, a kick splitting the difference between the target and the opponent is unforgivable! Not even Casboult would survive that, and he's a miracle survivor!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
Two weeks ago, Graham in the open and free tried his best to spot up 20m targets who were also open and free but kept missing them by 15m! ;D

Once could be considered an accident, but twice in one game is a suicide attempt!

Players can get a leave pass for missing under pressure, or missing a target who is dodging and weaving. But when you are 30m in the open on the fast break, and the target is 30m away from their nearest opponent, a kick splitting the difference between the target and the opponent is unforgivable! Not even Casboult would survive that, and he's a miracle survivor!

Again, he's not Robinson Carusoe. Easy to highlight the bad without mentioning the good.... we all can be guilty of that.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55
Graham is one of several players at Carlton who have survived because we've been so poor, he's a very pedestrian footballer who would struggle to get a game at most AFL sides.
Anyway, we've dropped him and included White so much of a muchness, White has very average foot skills as well.
Is Byrne named for the NB's by the way?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #56
Graham is one of several players at Carlton who have survived because we've been so poor, he's a very pedestrian footballer who would struggle to get a game at most AFL sides.
Anyway, we've dropped him and included White so much of a muchness, White has very average foot skills as well.
No. As I understand it, he was not quite 100%, so we decided not to risk him. He will play next week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #57

Nuh. His groin injury must still be niggling a little.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #58
Again, he's not Robinson Carusoe. Easy to highlight the bad without mentioning the good.... we all can be guilty of that.

True, but you have to have a trick that keeps you viable, if Graham is outside running linking he has to hit targets, it is a non-negotiable!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
No. As I understand it, he was not quite 100%, so we decided not to risk him. He will play next week.

In the seniors hopefully.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.