Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb) (Read 36513 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018 - Carlton v Hawthorn (Sat 10th Feb)

Reply #150
Certainly wasn't weit who looked a bit panicky all game.

They virtually had two I50s for every one of ours, no wonder he was looking nervous!

He also took 12 marks and had 26 disposals over 95% game time at 84.6% efficiency, not too bad for a panicky defender, certainly not worth talking about! Luckily he had great support from Plowman and Jones, amazing how stats can be deceptive, isn't it?

Also amazing what people see, versus reality! ::)

Cripps had a great 2nd half, but he needs to do far far more than have 21 handballs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #151
Our midfield was shocking defensively in H1.

But our skill level was deplorable across the field in H1. We gave away a lot of cheap goals 0 and points.

So, after that, it was a good win.

And kudos to Daisy - for doing his job.  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #152
just off track...

still cant believe Richmond are premiers.

Three years ago this time, we'd be laughing at them.

I miss those days

Reply #153
just off track...

still cant believe Richmond are premiers.

Did you see the AFL 2018 players poll, they can't believe it either, only 35% of AFL players rate Nthmond to impact the 2018 finals!

That season, for Nthmond injury wise, was one out of the hat like winning Tattslotto!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #154
And kudos to Daisy - for doing his job.  ;)

I'll take that as a massive positive from you, even so I concede he might be 50/50 for Rnd 1 subject to how the MC and Coaches see our 2018 unfolding.

Later in the season, Daisy will probably be quite useful. Fisher, SPS, Pickett all still look quite fragile as do the newbies like Dow, they do not look like they have a full season in them yet.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #155
Did you see the AFL 2018 players poll, they can't believe it either, only 35% of AFL players rate Nthmond to impact the 2018 finals!

That season, for Nthmond injury wise, was one out of the hat like winning Tattslotto!

tattslotto was still in yellow carbonated paper last time we won a flag!

Reply #156
They virtually had two I50s for every one of ours, no wonder he was looking nervous!

He also took 12 marks and had 26 disposals over 95% game time at 84.6% efficiency, not too bad for a panicky defender, certainly not worth talking about! Luckily he had great support from Plowman and Jones, amazing how stats can be deceptive, isn't it?

Also amazing what people see, versus reality! ::)

Cripps had a great 2nd half, but he needs to do far far more than have 21 handballs.

I love Weitering but his decision making was always ultra defensive. Looks to be lacking a bit of confidence to me.

Reply #157
I love Weitering but his decision making was always ultra defensive. Looks to be lacking a bit of confidence to me.

his sweep kicks across his body he screws up  , are frustrating at times and costly

Reply #158
tattslotto was still in yellow carbonated paper last time we won a flag!

We are of no relevance in the discussion of Nthmond's 2017 fortunes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
his sweep kicks across his body he screws up  , are frustrating at times and costly

How many of those were there tonight?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #161
A couple of things.

Q: When is it OK to punch a bloke in the back of the head in a marking contest?

A: Obviously when Charlie Curnow is in front and marking, check out the lead-up to the Dawks 2nd goal form Poppy.

Q: What sort of effort almost makes up for a spilled defensive mark?

A: Check out Jones effort after he spilled that mark running with the flight late in the 2nd, he almost got to the spoil despite a chain of Dawks handballs!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #162
Positives for returning players:

Lamb looks like he has had a decent preseason - tank seems bigger and previously questionable pace is no longer an embarrassment - he just needs to stop dropping chest marks.

Levi was effective in the ruck - so much fitter and trimmer than previous years

McKay used his body in the ruck contests and chased with intent - showed more than he did at any time in the VFL last year.

Pickett is now chasing almost as hard as he runs when he has the ball.

Fisher = stronger, fitter, faster and seems likely to have more impact on a game

Cuningham - shows he can tackle effectively

Byrne - he is playing

Simpson doesn't seem to have lost any more pace - might have actually recovered a little bit

Reply #163
Getting sick of Huddo's calling, he's becoming more anti-Carlton by the day.

Pretty much every time we scored it was about some poor Dawks mistake, he called the whole game from a Dawks perspective which is odd for a Geelong supporter!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #164
Unless we totally shut up shop in the last, we are a real chance to break 100points for the first time in eons ;)

Well done Nostradamus ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.