Skip to main content
Topic: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating (Read 56425 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating

Reply #105
B; Henderon Watson Tuohy
HB: Simpson Jamison Walker
C: Thomas Murphy Curnow
HF: Yarran Waite Garlett
F: Robinson Kruezer Gibbs

R: Warnock Bell Mclean

Int From: Cripps, Everitt, Holman McInnes, Lucas, Menzel, Ellard

Didnt see much of Holman in the pre-season, Hope Lachie plays Forward.

I'd like to see that but I think he may play back mainly (covering Watson), at least to see how he goes. I think, like plenty of others, that getting Lachie forward must be one of our priorities.

Just noticed PA have Butcher, Westhoff and Shultz. Might mean McInnes if we want to play Lachie Forward.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #106
Yep I like the look of the team as well. Looks like Port want us to think they're loading up as well. If Menzel is made sub I won't be happy, for mine he is already in the top 10 best at the club.

I wonder if we will ever put a forward at full forward instead of ruckmen and others. Pointless really I know but always manages to annoy me enough.

Reply #107
That side on paper could get the job done. If they play that is.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #108
Gibbs to Thomas to Murphy to Yarran who goals. Wow 8)
(And we can still add Judd to that)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #109
Wow didn't notice Scotto missing but he'll still play his part this year IMO.

No Armfield either, played almost every game last year. Getting harder to get a game by the looks
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #110
Wow didn't notice Scotto missing but he'll still play his part this year IMO.

No Armfield either, played almost every game last year. Getting harder to get a game by the looks

MM did say it was horses for courses ;)

Reply #111
CARLTON v PORT ADELAIDE

Sunday, March 16 at Etihad Stadium, 7.30pm (EDT)

BLUES

B: L.Henderson, M.Watson, Z.Tuohy

HB: K.Simpson, M.Jamison, A.Walker

C: D.Thomas, M.Murphy, E.Curnow

HF: C.Yarran, J.Waite, J.Garlett

F: M.Robinson, M.Kreuzer, B.Gibbs

Ruck: R.Warnock, T.Bell, B.McLean

Int (from): P.Cripps, A.Everitt, A.McInnes, N.Holman, D.Ellard, T.Menzel, K.Lucas

POWER

B: J.Trengove, J.Hombsch, M.Broadbent

HB: J.Pittard, T.Jonas, T.Clurey

C: J.Polec, B.Ebert, K.Cornes

HF: A.Monfries, J.Westhoff, H.Hartlett

F: J.Butcher, J.Schulz, R.Gray

Ruck: M.Lobbe, T.Boak, C.Wingard

Int (from): C.O’Shea, D.Cassisi, M.White, O.Wines, S.Colquhoun, B.Renouf, J.Impey
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #112
No Carlisle for Port leaves a big hole down back with kids like Hombsch and Clurey picking up the slack...think we can exploit that, down the other end is where the problems lay IMO...they have a smart forward line with some slick moving players who kick goals and I dont want to see Watson and McInnes together at any one time in defense.
Butcher's selection is more of a tactical exercise than any great form from the player himself....they want Henderson down back and dont want their inexperienced backline stretched...I expect Everitt to start forward along with Henderson.

Armfield is a surprising omission given Port are pacy and have a variety of small to medium sized players who can hurt us and small defenders are not our strong point...

Warnock has had the pressure applied by Wayne Johnston to step up this season and I think he will respond vs Lobbe and probably Westhoff in the ruck...he should dominate and give us first use...

Chris Yarran to kick 2-3 goals and I reckon Daisy will have a good debut and help setup the win.....think we start well but just hold off a fast finishing Port.

Reply #113
No Bootsma or Casboult.

Bet Holman, Lucas and McInnes end up being the emergencies. Unless Hendo doesn't come up then McInnes might get a call up.

No Scotland either. Good signs for the kids. Like the look of this squad.

Yes, I think Scotto has likely been retained more for insurance and backup while we start bringing the youngsters through. I'm doubtful he'll be a first choice player this year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114

Armfield is a surprising omission given Port are pacy and have a variety of small to medium sized players who can hurt us and small defenders are not our strong point...

I agree, surprised that he hasn't made the team. Has been a symbol of honesty and hard-work required since his gut busting and example setting chases in last years game against Eagles.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #115
B; Henderon Watson Tuohy
HB: Simpson Jamison Walker
C: Thomas Murphy Curnow
HF: Yarran Waite Garlett
F: Robinson Kruezer Gibbs

R: Warnock Bell Mclean

Int From: Cripps, Everitt, Holman McInnes, Lucas, Menzel, Ellard

Didnt see much of Holman in the pre-season, Hope Lachie plays Forward.
From What I saw in the praccy games, INT = Cripps, Everitt, Menzel Ellard
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #116
Very happy to see Holman named, although I expect him to be 1 of the 3 dropped to reach a final 22.

I do wonder what he has done to get named in front of Armfield, Scotto and even Graham, but good on him, he must be doing something right !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #117
Very happy to see Holman named, although I expect him to be 1 of the 3 dropped to reach a final 22.

I do wonder what he has done to get named in front of Armfield, Scotto and even Graham, but good on him, he must be doing something right !!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Scotto & Dennis, but they were pretty awful this preseason. Happy to see you no longer get a game based on reputation. Holman was good in the game last week. But what is more impressive is that he had played in the vfl an hour before the senior game.

agree though, he probably won't make the final cut. is most likely there to cover for mclean or gibbs should they not come up.

Reply #118

Don't get me wrong, I love Scotto & Dennis, but they were pretty awful this preseason. Happy to see you no longer get a game based on reputation. Holman was good in the game last week. But what is more impressive is that he had played in the vfl an hour before the senior game.

agree though, he probably won't make the final cut. is most likely there to cover for mclean or gibbs should they not come up.

Always happy to see a rookie get a chance.

Watching Cripps on TFS was nice sight to see. The kid carries himself extremely well. Even the TFS hosts seemed impressed, making comment about him being a good size mid. I think he'll adapt quickly.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #119
Haven't seen Holman play,but he gee he must have some good raps on him if they have named him in the first squad.
Look forward to seeing what he is capable of.