Skip to main content
Topic: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating (Read 56427 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating

Reply #120
B; Henderon Watson Tuohy
HB: Simpson Jamison Walker
C: Thomas Murphy Curnow
HF: Yarran Waite Garlett
F: Robinson Kruezer Gibbs

R: Warnock Bell Mclean

Int From: Cripps, Everitt, Holman McInnes, Lucas, Menzel, Ellard

Didnt see much of Holman in the pre-season, Hope Lachie plays Forward.
From What I saw in the praccy games, INT = Cripps, Everitt, Menzel Ellard

Yep based on preseason form they would be my picks by a long way as McInnes and Lucas aint up to it  and Holman (although I am excited by his naming in the squad and talent) might miss out.

Reply #121
B; Henderon Watson Tuohy
HB: Simpson Jamison Walker
C: Thomas Murphy Curnow
HF: Yarran Waite Garlett
F: Robinson Kruezer Gibbs

R: Warnock Bell Mclean

Int From: Cripps, Everitt, Holman McInnes, Lucas, Menzel, Ellard

Didnt see much of Holman in the pre-season, Hope Lachie plays Forward.

Midfield rotations still look a little thin if Everitt and Menzel make the final squad.

Reply #122
It's a pretty good sign that Scotland and Armfield can't make the squad with Judd, Carrazzo and Docherty unavailable.

The match committee must have a very different view of Lucas than the vast majority of CSC pundits  :o

Good to see Cripps in the running for his debut game.  I'm not sure that Holman will make the 22 but two debutants would be both unusual - and a vote of confidence in our recruitment.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #123
Yes, that's an interesting set of options for the bench. IMO Everitt may well be the sub who provides a taller option forward or back (allowing Walker forward) later in the game. The interchanges to be mid rotations, Cripps, Lucas and Ellard? I'd prefer Menzel to Lucas but I can't see him and Everitt both on the bench.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #124
Have you guys already forgotten Mick's almost blatant contempt for naming sides on Thursday as they're going to line up on the weekend?

There is no way we look like that come Sunday.

I'm tipping Everitt starts on the field up forward, with Lachie in defence but they switch throughout the game depending on match ups.

Menzel also starts in the FP for mine, with Robbo on the pine.

INT: Robbo Cripps Bell with Ellard the sub

Plenty of midfield rotations and run there.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #125
Going by last season, Lucas might be played early in the season (the non business end). Despite being suspect under pressure, skillwise, some of his run and carry in the early to mid part of 2013 was, at times, valuable. Reckon they might have the same thing in mind in 2014.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #126
Going by last season, Lucas might be played early in the season (the non business end). Despite being suspect under pressure, skillwise, some of his run and carry in the early to mid part of 2013 was, at times, valuable. Reckon they might have the same thing in mind in 2014.

Thinking Kane will be very good this year, not surprised if he plays every game and becomes a key contributor.

No I'm not his father, never been a real fan either but watched a lot of the early 2013 replays and he was ok and very good at times, looked like a guy that would be peaking in a year or so...time will tell but optimistic.

Nice to be back by the way....looks a very competitive year, I'm thinking we will be amongst it....I like our chances Sunday
A feeling about Cripps

Reply #127
Welcome aboard BC!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #128
Cripps, Holman and Lucas named as emergencies, putting Everitt, Ellard, McInnes and Menzel on the bench.

I'm actually a bit disappointed to see Cripps miss out. His time will come though!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #129
Be interesting to see who the sub is... you'd think McInnes or maybe Slug Ellard?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #130
On paper the team looks good.

Blues by 19
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #131
Be interesting to see who the sub is... you'd think McInnes or maybe Slug Ellard?

I'm tipping Menzel to be sub. He only ever plays 1 quarter of footy anyway. :P

Reply #132
50th game in Navy Blue for Robbie Warnock too, congrats to the big guy !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #133
Cripps, Holman and Lucas named as emergencies, putting Everitt, Ellard, McInnes and Menzel on the bench.

I'm actually a bit disappointed to see Cripps miss out. His time will come though!

That's a very very strange bench - only one mid?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #134

That's a very very strange bench - only one mid?

As Nathbear pointed out, when has a team lined up as named?

I reckon Cripps may still get a run as McLean must be in doubt after going off with injuries in the last two practice games.  I hope Cripps does play, but not necessarily at McLean's expense; we need his experience and hardness.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball