Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7663 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #105
If we can maintain the same effort as which we drew last week and with the inclusions we should win comfortably. Our problem over the years has been to maintain that form week in week out. We shouldn't have to worry about any opposition players if we just show consistency. Only then can we say we have truly improved.
Let's bring it tonight. 

Reply #106
Let's kick straight and not keep the opposition in the game.

Reply #107
It’s our best chance against this mob for a longtime as i finally think our fielded team, individually at least, should be to strong if we play to our best. On the flip side they have been a fairly settled team who have finished in the finals for a long time and are now copping it in the media. This scares me. We were favourites against them last year when they had a lot of injuries. They still accounted for us. Also our record at night at the G is awful - I heard we have lost the last 20 out of 21!

The game will be won and lost in the midfield and which teams small forwards impact the scoreboard most.  Both teams tall defenders should prevail it’s the smalls and Mids that will be the difference. Need big games from gibbons fish Martin and need to really believe we will win and we should get the points.
No excuses this time

Reply #108
Moore will take 15 uncontested marks because Levi and Harry will be shoved out,  under or blocked at every contest.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #109
Moore will take 15 uncontested marks because Levi and Harry will be shoved out,  under or blocked at every contest.
@Professer E‍  I know I'm a bastard, but in the old days those little shoves would be just enough for me to lose balance and drive my knee into Moore's kidneys Luke Hodge style!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110
Not sure Walsh can back up that sort of punishing physical effort week after week yet, he took a battering last Thursday.

It's interesting to read Diesel's comments about young Sam:

He is amazing, that kid ... it’s really funny, he plays a game, then comes out on the Sunday and Monday and it’s like he hasn’t played a game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #111
It’s our best chance against this mob for a longtime as i finally think our fielded team, individually at least, should be to strong if we play to our best. On the flip side they have been a fairly settled team who have finished in the finals for a long time and are now copping it in the media. This scares me. We were favourites against them last year when they had a lot of injuries. They still accounted for us. Also our record at night at the G is awful - I heard we have lost the last 20 out of 21!

The game will be won and lost in the midfield and which teams small forwards impact the scoreboard most.  Both teams tall defenders should prevail it’s the smalls and Mids that will be the difference. Need big games from gibbons fish Martin and need to really believe we will win and we should get the points.
No excuses this time

Really good points, all of them.

Even in years when we were sh1te and they were doing well we would upset them, and vice versa. Of course the opposite has also been true (when we've going well and them sh1te, we've belted them... etc).

When we look at the cattle overall, we have them covered, except for the ruck division. As much as I'm hesitant to do so, I will add another factor - game day coaching. I think Teague has FF covered in the senior coach division... but I'm not so confident about our assistants up against theirs. The risk of losing this game in the coaching box is a real consideration. I have very little confidence in centre clearance/midfield coaching and forward line coach.

As you say, and 100% rightly so, there are no excuses this time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #112
It was obvious when they ditched the hands in the back rule that this was going to happen. At the time, the promise was that the umpires would only allow a player to “protect his space” but no one bats an eyelid now when the man who has taken front position is pushed out of the contest. It seems that “protecting the space” has now transformed into “stealing an opponent’s space”. I saw a particularly obvious example on the weekend - IIRC Tex Walker just pushed a defender with an arm bar right under the ball.

We’ve gone back to the days where it’s a sin to take front position. Stay on the side and wrestle. And whatever you do, don’t jump as it’s too easy to push you into a rotation that will make it impossible to take the mark.

The difference now is that the umpires won’t mind if forwards can kick goals by pushing out defenders as the AFL wants to see bags kicked. But what happens when the defenders team up and push forwards out of the contest?

Reply #113

No excuses this time
Agree, I think they might do a few things different this week and play a few different players through the midfield.
Pendlebury had a poor game IMO even though the scribes had him as one of Collingwoods best, got caught which is most unlike him and also stuffed up a few kicks and was worn down by the Dogs army of mids...looked old and tired IMHO.
This week I think they will use Maynard and Crisp up the ground and look to inject some muscle and run into the middle.
The player who can win them the game is DeGoey...poor mans Dusty but one of those types who if he is on will be the difference.
I would play him forward if I was Buckley and hope Plowman or Docherty are forced to play on him, Jones will get Cox and Weitering should get Mihocek but I would change that around as I dont want Mihocek taking Weitering out of play like he did last time. Like I said before we should win easily in terms of talent but being brain dead in the coaches box with matchups has cost us in the past and its often history repeating itself with the same opposition players doing the damage.

Reply #114
Expect good conditions.

Melbourne area

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, becoming less likely later this evening. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light in the late evening.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #115
127 wins a piece, we lose to them and its the first time since forever they will be positive vs us. Not an option Blues.
I did the maths on that last year. From memory we've been in front on the 'wins vs losses' since 1982!

Please win  :o

Reply #117
At the cricketers right now and it's all clear. Not a cloud in the sky and quite mild. Ground should not be a factor

And zero wind.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #118
Whos the sub
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set