Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy on Saturday (Read 15239 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy on Saturday

Reply #30
good report Baggers.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31
Thanks for the report, Baggers. Always great to get it straight from the horse's mouth, instead of in predigested form.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #32
Thanks for suffering the inclement weather on our behalves, mate. Fix yourself a nice hot cup of cocoa. In a brandy balloon.
Hope you took a great big breath and hesitated for a long moment before you proposed, as an afterthought, Watson for elevation!

Reply #33
echo all the comments...great report baggers and I think Graham and Cachia deserve another go in the seniors....

Reply #34
I don't think Baggers used the term 'aggott' enough in his report imo..... 8)
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #35
I wouldn't play Juddy next week: give him a ful lgame in the VFL and he will be closer to being ready.

Surely you jest? Judd will be a shoe-in to be lining up against the Hawks next Friday night, absolute monty to do so.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #36
Thanks for the report Baggers; good to hear that the great man is on the way back  :D

Looks like there are a few bright prospects but you didn't mention a gun CHF  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   3.2  12.5  14.5  21.6 (132)
Sandringham   2.4  4.6  10.8  11.10 (76)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Johnson 7 Dorman 5 Curnow 2 Sutton  Gleeson  Murray  Toman  Tardio  Posar  Totevski
Sandringham: Dowler 2 McTaggart 2 Kelso 2 Barnhoorn  Woodman  Plostins  Kreymborg  Davis

BEST:
Northern Blues: Johnson Dorman Grimes Curnow Murray Totevski
Sandringham: Persson Noone Harris Verma Daidone Kelso

Top effort from this young bunch.

2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   3.3  5.5  9.7  11.7 (73)
Sandringham   3.2  4.6  6.7  9.7 (61)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Thomas 2 Wilson 2 Graham 2 Wilkinson  Cachia  Johnson  Reynolds  Temay
Sandringham: Zijai 2 Stanley  Gwilt  Webster  Ong  Armitage  Minchington  Graham

BEST:
Northern Blues: Cachia Graham Watson Anthony Lucas Cattapan
Sandringham: Webster Gwilt Holmes Weickhardt Roberton Ong

Yeah!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #38
I wouldn't play Juddy next week: give him a ful lgame in the VFL and he will be closer to being ready.

Surely you jest? Judd will be a shoe-in to be lining up against the Hawks next Friday night, absolute monty to do so.

X 100. His name is on the sheet already.

Reply #39
i believe judd requested to play VFL this week.

It probably depends on what he wants to do next week rather than what we want him to do.

Reply #40
Is that run enough to warrant a recall to AFL for Juddy next week ?

I thought Cachia was probably bog closely followed by Graham.

Watson - probably his best game for the year. Actually took marks! Overhead marks too - I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seem it with my own eyes. Did some nice things and will probably feature in the better players. Slow start though. And still too bloody slow over the grass and in between the lugholes. Always trails his opponents by several metres and still lacks desperation.

McInnes - improved as the game wore on but a shadow of his former self.

Blaine Johnson - pretty quiet really. Not much influence on the game.

Sheehan - if he continues to improve as he is, should get a senior gig before the year is out. Liked his hard work and attack on the aggott.

Byrne - the 'other Ciran' is behind Sheehan in terms of development but he is coming along nicely. Has poise and kicks well on the run/to position. Tightens up, though, when kicking for goal and sprays them. Casboult syndrome?

Temay - hopeless in contests requiring positioning, but did dispose of the aggott well and was serviceable after half time, until then he was the incredible invisible man.

Wood - serviceable and did his job.

Buckley - did some good things and his dash was damaging. Appeared to get injured but reappeared. Good effort.

Reynolds - plenty to work with here. Positions himself well, showed composure under pressure and is pretty damn accurate with that left foot.

(Giles didn't play),

Holman - is getting better at understanding the defensive stuff. Again started off half back. Did some good things but also a few turnovers hurt us. Learning well.

Lucas - hard to believe he had 25 possessions.

Apart from Judd, Buckley and maybe Graham could be considered for a senior call-up. If Carrazzo stumbles then you'd consider Cachia. Gulp, Watson might also be considered.

Ditto from me.

Reply #41

Watson - probably his best game for the year. Actually took marks! Overhead marks too - I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seem it with my own eyes. Did some nice things and will probably feature in the better players. Slow start though. And still too bloody slow over the grass and in between the lugholes. Always trails his opponents by several metres and still lacks desperation.

Surely Watson's papers are stamped.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42

Papers Stamped and taxi voucher from Visy to home await this young man whenever the contract is complete.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #43

Papers Stamped and taxi voucher from Visy to home await this young man whenever the contract is complete.

And we all should expect that the destination should be one Melbourne airport.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #44
Watson  contracted through to next year.

We'll right