Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #15
The Tiggers are trying to beat us for whacky omissions for Rd1.  First there was Chris Newman with a heart arrhythmia.  Now David Astbury may miss after standing on a stingray at a beach recovery session.

Reply #16
Hampson will miss from a more garden variety injury - a rolled ankle in a practice match against the Pies.

Reply #17
Hampson will miss from a more garden variety injury - a rolled ankle in a practice match against the Pies.

Hampson always getting dicky injuries

Reply #19
Hampson the new Dermie!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Haha

Reply #22
Poor Hammer must have dead set walked under a ladder while carrying a mirror, tripped over black cat under the ladder and broke the mirror. He cant take a trick on the injury front. Got a hot wife though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23

Tutt over Smith purely because of conditioning, Smith looks like he needs more work.

I like the look of this team.

Personally i'd have White in over Bell.
Maybe try and get Boekhorst in there as the sub to give us some fresh legs later on. Maybe at the expense of Docherty?

Reply #25
White is a certainty if fit, MM has listed him as one of his best during the pre-season.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Trying to come up with a 22 for round 1. I can't do it, but here is the best I can do

FB; K Jaksch, M Jamison, Z Touhy
HB; K Simpson, S Rowe, C Yarran
C; D Thomas, B Gibbs, S Docherty
R; C Wood, C Judd, M Murphy
HF, T Menzel, L Henderson, A Everitt
FF; L Casboult, L Jones, P Cripps

Int; A Carrazzo, E Curnow

And then these 4 are fighting for the last 2 spots;
D Buckley, J Tutt, S White, T Bell

Without Buckley and Tutt, I reckon we look a bit slow, but I still can't decide.

Boekhurst and Smith can go back to the 2nds and get some more run in their legs, I'm just not sure they could run out an AFL game if called upon early as a sub. I'm confident they will both get games b4 the end of the season.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #27
White is a certainty if fit, MM has listed him as one of his best during the pre-season.

Agree..White is a Mick favourite, ditto for Bell, both are certs for rnd 1 IMO...

Reply #28

Agree..White is a Mick favourite, ditto for Bell, both are certs for rnd 1 IMO...

Absolutely, White and Bell will be among the first picked.  I reckon Smith will start as the sub and fingers will be crossed that he isn't required until after halftime.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
Hampson the new Dermie!

Mate I was working there when it happened. Even had Scotty Palmer ringing up to get the story. Must say though it was kept in house for many a year before leaking to become the stuff of Dermies legend.
IN WADA WE TRUST