Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50235 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #150
Carn Blues, smash 'em !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #151

Further wouldn't we be better off with a genuinely experienced Sub like Buckley, Armfield or Graham?

Buckley maybe but Armfield and Graham aren't much good.
Malthouse will keep turning players over until he finds a group that can win big games, tonight's not a big game but we still need to find them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #152
Carlton by 5 goals

Reply #153
What is the point of bringing in Clem Smith in and then naming him Sub, it is ferking pointless!

He is useless as the Sub for most players starting on the ground, and he gets stuff all experience if he only comes on with a quarter to go.

Surely he would be better off starting in his first game and then being sub'd off, I think it's the first 5 to 10 minutes of AFL game intensity that highlight the difference between AFL and other footy levels.

Further wouldn't we be better off with a genuinely experienced Sub like Buckley, Armfield or Graham?

i cant believe you didn't think they wouldn't?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #154
Our coach is under the pump as well Paul. We've got a few blokes who have been putting up with crap efforts from their team mates for a long time.

Doesn't mean we will win but..........

I can see your point cimm. I know it's the final year of his contract, but it feels more like a personal pressure rather than a team pressure, if that makes sense.

Reply #155
What is the point of bringing in Clem Smith in and then naming him Sub, it is ferking pointless!

He is useless as the Sub for most players starting on the ground, and he gets stuff all experience if he only comes on with a quarter to go.

Surely he would be better off starting in his first game and then being sub'd off, I think it's the first 5 to 10 minutes of AFL game intensity that highlight the difference between AFL and other footy levels.

Clem wouldn't have the fitness to be in the starting 21, and you're right, it's a risk. I would have been a little more conservative and gone for Denny.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #156
Pre game fireworks and led lights were impressive.