Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50239 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #30

I'd have Buckley in for Docherty at BP, Docherty to the bench, Jones to miss out. I think Everitt as the third tall forward is a better option at this stage.

Reply #31
White is a certainty if fit, MM has listed him as one of his best during the pre-season.

Agree..White is a Mick favourite, ditto for Bell, both are certs for rnd 1 IMO...

I like White....not a lot of fuss about him.
Just goes about his job
Been solid and showed a bit of versatility as a forward in the game against St Kilda last year.

Reply #32
My midfield would be gibbs bell cripps yarran

Murphy judd on outside of centre square from now on

Try something new and keep.judd out of the hard contests and make him a utility forward and back

Murphy gets physically hurt too much in the centre

Reply #33
Daisy gets a game based on what, reputation?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
JUst on that, I thought he was supposed to be flying 'had not missed a beat' etc etc and we finally see him play after he misses the first two games and he looks really rusty.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35
JUst on that, I thought he was supposed to be flying 'had not missed a beat' etc etc and we finally see him play after he misses the first two games and he looks really rusty.

What has concerned me about Thomas is his lack of pace - he certainly hasn't regained hi zip.  He is getting caught far too easily too; perhaps trying to do too much or perhaps not aware that he is not as quick as he was.

Of course, he would have been under instructions to play at half pace  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
What has concerned me about Thomas is his lack of pace - he certainly hasn't regained hi zip.  He is getting caught far too easily too; perhaps trying to do too much or perhaps not aware that he is not as quick as he was.

Of course, he would have been under instructions to play at half pace  ::)

Thomas never had much zip, he relied on gut running opponents into the ground not on pace!

Blokes like Didak, Licuria, Pendlebury, Lockyer, Shaw, Burns, etc., etc., used to stroll past him like he was standing still!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Nah he had a certain element of explosiveness LP, not just on his feet but also in his leap. He needs to regain that to influence games to the point where he justifies his pay packet. His d-day is arriving  very very soon.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
Nah he had a certain element of explosiveness LP, not just on his feet but also in his leap. He needs to regain that to influence games to the point where he justifies his pay packet. His d-day is arriving  very very soon.
Agreed, the time is nigh
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
B: Tuohy, Jamison Jaksch
Hb: Yarran, Rowe, Simpson
C: Thomas, Gibbs, Bell
Hf: Everitt, Henderson, Judd
F: Menzel, Jones, Cripps
Foll: Wood, Carrazzo
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Boekhorst, Curnow, Tutt, White
Emerg: Buckley, Casboult, Ellard

I really don't know!!!  :) 8) :-[

I've made some slight alterations.

Curnow I took out then brought back in as he's gotta be our no.1 pure tagger now. Carrazzo is getting enough of the ball to 'match-up' on someone or have someone go to him. A fit and firing Andy Carrazzo is critical to our midfield. He's a ball magnet. I'm keeping Cripps in as he'll get his hands on the ball, as will Curnow (can butcher it) but they are either bigger, mature or harder bodies (or a combo) along with Bell being another added to Gibbs, Judd, Murphy and Thomas to play inside and out but when they have a rest we have more blokes to roll through in combination with our stars.

In the end I have left Bell out and not comfortably either. I put Docherty in as a better user of the footy and calmer type but I am enjoying Bell's preseason.

Boekhorst is there as the sub to inject some pace and bizziness as someone to play the flanks and wings along with Tutt. they are zippy types but they are not very big ball winners at this stage so those two, along with Buckley and Smith, are more icing on the cake at this stage. The meat and potatoes in the midfield have been covered in this team but how we go is a bit of a lottery IMHO. Boeky might sub in for a taller type or an inside slower type mid, either way it adds more pace and we can see how things unfold. I do like Everitt and White either forward or pushing forward, think they can do some damage throughout the year should they stay fit and healthy.

The form of Casboult is patchy and what I don't like form him and Jones and usually our ruckmen too is that they don't get heaps of the ball to damage enough but they show potential and glimpses so we must persevere. I like Jones as a recruit and think he and Jaksch should and will play.

B: Z.Tuohy, M.Jamison, K.Jaksch
HB: K.Simpson, S.Rowe, C.Yarran
C: A.Carrazzo, B.Gibbs, E.Curnow
Hf: A.Everitt, L.Henderson, J.Tutt
F: T.Menzel, L.Jones, L.Casboult
Foll: C.Wood, C.Judd
Rov: M.Murphy
I/c: P.Cripps, S.Docherty, S.White
Sub: B.Boekhorst
Emerg: T.Bell, D.Buckley, C.Smith

Reply #40
Did anyone watch the Carrazzo video today on the club website, Gibbs set for Tigers, at 6:21s is that SpecialK walking past the scene on the far right?

Must be out of the moon boot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
Did anyone watch the Carrazzo video today on the club website, Gibbs set for Tigers, at 6:21s is that SpecialK walking past the scene on the far right?

Must be out of the moon boot!

Yes, Kreuzer is out of the moon boot and is even doing stationary kicking drills  I read somewhere today. He is slowly getting closer !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #42
I have forgotten what Kruezer looks like TBH :P

Reply #43
Yes, Kreuzer is out of the moon boot and is even doing stationary kicking drills  I read somewhere today. He is slowly getting closer !!

I won't be holding my breath. He was flying early in the pre-season and broke down again. :(
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #44
If he's still out of it and getting selected by R10 I will start taking an interest!
Reality always wins in the end.