Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering (Read 58229 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

Reply #15
Hmmm..I'll just post what I said last week...

1. We picked too many one paced players. We need to get Buckley, Boekhorst and Graham in. They are the future. The fact that a slow, dithering Carrots gets a game means that we are not building a side at all. He is past it. Has he ever kicked the ball within 5 seconds of receiving it and allowing the opposition to get set up? Graham needs the game time. As does Buckley.
2. Lack of Character in the playing group. I get the feeling that if we are 0-3 or worse and we are no chance of getting inside the 8, which you can pretty much lock in, that we'll get a new coach and begin a true 3-5 year rebuild. Malthouse has cleared out a lot of dead wood, I'll give him that. But I tell you what, young Boekhorst better be some player or that round 1 selection looks horrendous. Was he not played due to injury? Simply put, I'll repeat what I and others have said time and time again: Play on performance, not on seniority. If you don't play well, hello Northern Blues. ANY PLAYER. 0 Exception. That will instill some spirit and desire.
3. Malthouse needs to go. I want a rebuild, with a new coach. Get Clarkson and sign him up and let him who whatever the hell he wants. He has proven that he gets results. Can you imagine the players not performing under him. You'd soil yourself from his dressing down. Then again, the results would instill loyalty. It's time to go shopping for a new, innovative coach, who is giving a mandate to rebuild. It's up to the President and CEO to make that call and realise that we are more likely to get back to the club we were by starting fresh that we are dithering around the edges. Look at the Doggies...4-5 new kids make some difference. They are good to watch too.
4. Henderson needs to go back permanently and we need to bring back the Bolt. Hendo, as much as he wants to, is not a leading Forward...but he is bloody good in the backline. We all know it. We also need to pray for young Giles to get well..I fear that Jammo is getting to the stage where only has 1 or 2 years left. His glass shoulders don't help either.
5. I want the kids played. Literally. Stuff the senior players. Shame them. You don't play for yourself. You play for a club. You play for me and everyone on this Forum, you play for every poor bugger out there working on $15 an hour shoveling crap, every Kid, every Grandparent, every single one who has a piece of Carlton in them. Remind them of that. Buckley, Watson, Cripps, Graham, Boekhorst, Tutt, Whiley. Pump games into them. What is the point of maybe winning games with players who will not be around when next we challenge..what's the point..? None. 
6. Murphy needs to be stripped of the Captaincy. It sends a GOOD message. not a bad one. It shakes things up. He simply is not the man for the job. Don't kid yourself that things will improve with him as a pretender. Potential Captains? Only 2 of them. And no, Simmo and Carrots are not the future. So no to them.
Henderson - as CHB. Natural leader, who is also articulate in front of the camera. Also good way to retain him without selling the Ranch.
White consistently performs to his absolute potential, follows instructions and most importantly - will not step back. I like that. In fact I love that he does that. Saw him give it to Martin last night. Cheered me up.
Cripps - As a special mention. Maybe, just maybe in a couple years he will be a bonafide leader. For now, leave him be to learn as much as he can.

It has come to the stage already that I cannot see a silver lining with Malthouse and Murphy leading. We need both gone and Trigg to hire a truly inspirational new Coach with a mandate to start fresh. Trade Kreuzer, Walker, Gibbs, Murphy...do it. Do it this year. Get as many 1st and 2nd round picks and get those Mids and true Key Forward. Just don't trade Hendo nor Menzel unless its for a true Key Forward or Bontempelli like Mid. That is where we are hurting the most. The amount of times they bombed it in from the second quarter...I knew we'd loose. No plan, no inspiration on or off the field. No character. Time for Trigg to have a quiet word with replacement coaches and tell SoS to start writing his shopping list up.

clarkson aint going to come to carlton. He's painstakingly put a premiership team together and enjoy the fruits of his labour
why would he even contemplate coming to a rabble

Reply #16
i d like to turn the spotlight on Andrew Mckay for the minute.
He's the head of football at this club.
should he be or is he the head of recruitment for external skills coaches?

What the FK does Andrew Mckay do?

McKay had no experience a sticks mate appointment. .sack him

Reply #17
Midfield only run one way. Game over.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
What the FK does Andrew Mckay do?

Pretty sure Macca is just an admin guy.

His biggest sin is allowing us to get in a position where we can't offload Mick midseason because there is no one to take the caretaker role.

Reply #19
I reckon we are a complete clean out and at least 5 years away from any joy.

I hope I live long enough to see that joy.

Reply #21
So many players out of form. I am sick of people spruking Troy Menzel. Has shown nothing for a long time

He's being played out of position possibly because he sees himself as a mid and the club don't want to lose him.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #22
Coach's can try with this club but the tail seems to wag the dog. MM has always been able to at least get the best out of sides mentally but poor culture is so in-grained in this club that even he can't shake it. Unfortunately, if he can't then he has to go if the players won't play for him.

Let him get his record then that's it. Wouldn't surprise me if he got the record then resigned anyway. Who would want to coach this lot. Laidley can do the job for the rest of the season North always responded to him well and he got alot out of them. good luck to him here t5hough

Wonder how many look back on Ratts differently now. He actually got something out of the side. Fair effort seeing the on- field culture has been a disgrace since 2002.

Reply #23
We are rock bottom after that display. the CFC is officially in crisis - or should be. Our guys are so mentally fragile now I'd be surprised if we won a game this year, indeed to paraphrase "I can't see us winning a game all year!"

this.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
MM has seriously screwed this club to the extent that we are now in the framework of wooden spoon contenders.

No swan sticks mckay gleeson rodgers mick made decisions ......they did footy decisions up to july.14

mckay rodgers mick up to now

Reply #25
Pretty sure Macca is just an admin guy.

His biggest sin is allowing us to get in a position where we can't offload Mick midseason because there is no one to take the caretaker role.

Id fk MM off anytime - 90% of members of this board can run a game better than he...for a can and a meat pie

Reply #26
Don't lose hope yet guys. We have a squad that could build 3 teams of netball players. We have enough skirts to fill easily. The no contact sport will suit them just fine.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #27
WE NEED SOME PEPTIDES!!

ANYONE GOT STEPHEN DANKS PHONE NUMBER??? >:D >:D >:D >:D

Reply #28
I cannot think of anything positive to come out of tonight. It was a disaster of Biblical Proportions. Think Sodom and Gomorrah and you get the idea (and what they did to themselves was bad enough).
At the moment everything is doom and gloom. We need to change things around and get some confidence back. I have no idea how we do that.

I think the Weagles were reading my Structural Issues thread, as they found our weaknesses and drove a massive hole right through them.
[1] We got killed in the ruck. Not for a long time have I seen a ruck display that gave such an advantage to their midfielders.
[2] Our midfield is one way traffic. If we don't get it, it goes the other way far too easily and accurately. Our clearances, on the other hand, generally don't advantage out forwards.
[3] Our mids lack depth. After Judd got collared and NicNat got on top we had nobody to come in and do something special.
[4] Our forward line offers no pressure and has no effective small forward.
[5] Our defence struggled because the ball came in effectively and quickly. We were given few chances.
[6] In the first quarter we were really good. Our spirit was high and we had a lot of good players. It disappeared quickly thereafter.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #29
Coach's can try with this club but the tail seems to wag the dog. MM has always been able to at least get the best out of sides mentally but poor culture is so in-grained in this club that even he can't shake it. Unfortunately, if he can't then he has to go if the players won't play for him.

Let him get his record then that's it. Wouldn't surprise me if he got the record then resigned anyway. Who would want to coach this lot. Laidley can do the job for the rest of the season North always responded to him well and he got alot out of them. good luck to him here t5hough

Wonder how many look back on Ratts differently now. He actually got something out of the side. Fair effort seeing the on- field culture has been a disgrace since 2002.

question is, i wonder how ratts sees the club