Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon (Read 72179 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #15
Doesn't matter, they got a kick. You can do what you can with you're put up against. If you do well then then get promoted.

Fair enough, I wasn't there so I can't comment.

I'd love to see 1AW stand on Carlisles head just one more time, and then have Luke "The Hair Sniffer" Darcy give somebody else 2015 Mark of the Year again just to prove what a dickhead Darcy is!

Feck we've been done over in recent years, and nobody at the top end of our club seems to care!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I'm hopeful we can dig deep against one of our traditional foes. I just want to see some team cohesion and it's probably time to move those mid-twenties guys who are below average on.

Get through with no injuries and we may beat the Saints the following week. A surprise win and we can be 2-2, so who knows.

Reply #17
I'm hopeful we can dig deep against one of our traditional foes. I just want to see some team cohesion and it's probably time to move those mid-twenties guys who are below average on.

Get through with no injuries and we may beat the Saints the following week. A surprise win and we can be 2-2, so who knows.

Years ago we were like cut snakes when our back was to the wall, now we look more like a slab of beef thrown in the Lions den!

Seeing Smith, and Judd, rip off some Wet Toast jumpers was at least some sign of resistance!

Smith, the kid on the field had more go than 10 year players, despite his complete lack of readiness for AFL!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
All the blokes Io wanted to see do well today for the NB's did well, Walker, Graham, Boekhurst, Whiley, Buckley plus Armfield kicked 4. Chuck them all in plus Cripps. Refresh the whole thing.

x2..got nothing to lose and if we can find a player or two ie Whiley, Boekhorst etc then its worth it.....

Reply #19
Years ago we were like cut snakes when our back was to the wall, now we look more like a slab of beef thrown in the Lions den!

Seeing Smith, and Judd, rip off some Wet Toast jumpers was at least some sign of resistance!

Smith, the kid on the field had more go than 10 year players, despite his complete lack of readiness for AFL!

Man, Judd looked like he was a bee's dick away from doing something that was going to get him suspended in that exchange.

Reply #20
Man, Judd looked like he was a bee's dick away from doing something that was going to get him suspended in that exchange.

Do you blame him, would you be unhappy if that happened?

I wouldn't, at least I'd know without doubt he was hurting like me! That he needed and wanted it to go to another level!

Having a spud like that poke fun at a champion is another disgrace for our club, where were Judd's team-mates as he got mauled. Running away no doubt!

PS: If the spud harassed a Hodge or StevieJ their team-mates would have turned the spud into chuck steak by the final siren!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Do you blame him, would you be unhappy if that happened?

I wouldn't, at least I'd know without doubt he was hurting like me! That he needed to go to another level!

Having a spud like that poke fun at a champion is another disgrace for our club, where were Judd's team-mates as he got mauled. Running away no doubt!
I'd have been happy with a good old fashioned fight. Smacked a few head, suspension wouldn't have worried me. Be entertaining at least as well as showin g some fight.

Reply #23
Walker will def play. Whiley has a lot of mongrel, which is what we need. Murphy is practically lame. Captain or not, hate to see him hobble around the ground. Army and Buckley hopefully under consideration.
Eat more chooks

Reply #24
I just can't see how we can possibly lose this game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #25
Walker will def play. Whiley has a lot of mongrel, which is what we need. Murphy is practically lame. Captain or not, hate to see him hobble around the ground. Army and Buckley hopefully under consideration.

Yep I agree, he's playing because of some sort of sick idealistic 1980s bullsh1t!

So if he is out there he may as well do a Hodge and claim a few scalps before he gets some time off!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Walker Whiley and Army in (Cripps back in too)

Curnow, Murphy, Smith, White all out.

Give me some good old fashioned G+D and pride in your efforts.

Reply #27
Yep I agree, he playing because of some sort of sick idealistic 1980s bullsh1t!

So if he is out there he may as well do a Hodge and claim a few scalps before he gets some time off!

I liked the early 80's. We'd get as pissed as nits 2 days before a game and win flags, 3 in 4 years. In my days of going to the Lower Plenty Pub on Thursday's, chatting to Terry Wallace, who was  was really drunk there sometimes. Always loved it when he tried to spit out my name then say "don't worry, I'll be right by Saturday"  then coming out getting 35 possessions and BOG. There's something in that beer I tell you. Maybe Big Jack, when he ran CUB back then, put something special in the beer...haha.

Reply #28
I liked the early 80's. We'd get as pissed as nits 2 days before a game and win flags, 3 in 4 years. In my days of going to the Lower Plenty Pub on Thursday's, chatting to Terry Wallace, who was  was really drunk there sometimes. Always loved it when he tried to spit out my name then say "don't worry, I'll be right by Saturday"  then coming out getting 35 possessions and BOG. There's something in that beer I tell you. Maybe Big Jack, when he ran CUB back then, put something special in the beer...haha.

Back then they had ways of pegging back opponents that just cannot be applied these days! :D

There were also plenty of games when blokes like Johnno failed to get a touch after a slight case of dehydration! Although he was very good at slowing opponents down! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Walker Whiley and Army in (Cripps back in too)

Apart from Walks it's deck chairs on the Titanic, unless Juddy gets 85 touches and kicks 5 we're gonna get pumped.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.