Skip to main content
Topic: 2015... Now what?  (Read 11646 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015... Now what?

Reply #15
All out attack. :D
Bugger defending, we've had enough of that, it's so yesterday ::)

Unleash our quality forwards ;)

Reply #16
We have no defence

so lets do what we do best..

DOWNHILL SKIING C:-) C:-) C:-)

Reply #17
A tough hard, uncompromising unit that is a pain in the proverbial to play against.

I dont care about results.

I WANT BLOOD.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
The only thing I want for the rest of the year is effort and a healthy list in 2016.

Treat all injuries super cautiously, anyone needing surgery, goes in early. We need a full list of healthy players for the new coach at the beginning of next pre-season.

This philosophy is also a good excuse to play the kids, have a look at them, give them some AFL experience and see how they go.

Only fit players play, but once out on the field they had all better give 100% !!
(Tackles becomes 1 of the top KPI for all players.)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #19
I want a clear picture at the end of the year that shows which players have it and which players don't. We play players and put pressure on players who are 50-50 types to be kept at the end of the year.

Watson, Graham, Ellard, Johnson...etc

Play them and decide if we are going to sack them. Then dont play them again. Repeat.

Reply #20
The only thing I want for the rest of the year is effort and a healthy list in 2016.

Treat all injuries super cautiously, anyone needing surgery, goes in early. We need a full list of healthy players for the new coach at the beginning of next pre-season.

This philosophy is also a good excuse to play the kids, have a look at them, give them some AFL experience and see how they go.

Only fit players play, but once out on the field they had all better give 100% !!
(Tackles becomes 1 of the top KPI for all players.)

I like this idea. Get all the surgeries out of the way immediately. Get as many players ready for a good pre-season. Try get some games into the new kids and give them off the leash allowance to try playing how they do best. Definitely tackles and 1 %'ers being a major KPI. Definitely do not play any player who is close to 100% fit for a game. SOS better keep a close eye on the entire list as his previous list might need some amending.

While this is happening the staff better be looking at FA's. We need to clear out the drift wood which will mean we need to bring some talent into the group.

No Jones, Tutts or Dicks in the side. I don't remember too many Dicks being good enough at our club.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
I like this idea. Get all the surgeries out of the way immediately. Get as many players ready for a good pre-season. Try get some games into the new kids and give them off the leash allowance to try playing how they do best. Definitely tackles and 1 %'ers being a major KPI. Definitely do not play any player who is close to 100% fit for a game. SOS better keep a close eye on the entire list as his previous list might need some amending.

While this is happening the staff better be looking at FA's. We need to clear out the drift wood which will mean we need to bring some talent into the group.

No Jones, Tutts or Dicks in the side. I don't remember too many Dicks being good enough at our club.
Playing the kids might hurt his chances of winning, but it would do a bit for our list development. Mind you, we have played 32 players already this season. However, I would wait until the kid in question has a good one in the VFL, by preference. It is no good just throwing them in the deep end. We want to see what they have up their sleeves.
It took Tutt 4 senior appearances before he got more than a kick in the pants. It took Jones 7 games before he held a few marks (and he still didn't kick a goal). The incoming lads will probably need an arc of games to show something (unless they are another Paddy Cripps).
Certainly having our list in top shape to start the preseason is better than having it recovering from operations. Much better chance for the new coach to get the fitness up, the skills up to scratch and the game plan embedded in certain thick skulls.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
"The Judge" is upping his game in the media at the moment, as he becomes more comfortable in the role he is really starting to shine.

He has a backs against the wall attitude that we need, despite his earlier stumbles, I wish he had shown it earlier!

I'm predicting he will be the real deal by seasons end, he's been pushed and now he's pushing back! ;)

I'm going to cut him some slack! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
"The Judge" is upping his game in the media at the moment, as he becomes more comfortable in the role he is really starting to shine.

He has a backs against the wall attitude that we need, despite his earlier stumbles, I wish he had shown it earlier!

I'm predicting he will be the real deal by seasons end, he's been pushed and now he's pushing back! ;)

X2...take note of this...

Reply #24

Coming from a low base.
Looks, talks and sweats like a dodgy real estate agent.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
I was a real estate agent cimm. :o

Reply #27
Hopefully not a dodgy one though eh Mants?  :) ;)

I quit because I was too honest and hated to be around liars. It didn't fit my character type. ;)

Reply #28
I quit because I was too honest and hated to be around liars. It didn't fit my character type. ;)

Just as I expected Mants. ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................