Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Draw (Read 29141 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Draw

Reply #15
I want to rebuild quietly away from public floggings like we saw in every Friday night game this year.  Not good for anybody.

First time I have seen my kids speechless for 3 entire hours was the 140 point loss to Hawthorn, don't want any of us to go through that sort of  public massacre again.

Back to prime time when we have something to show case.
spot on
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Listened  to SEN ( I dont know why I bother)  and Slobbo said CARLTON  didnt deserve to be in th e opening game of the the SEASON against Tiggers.When the Tiggers were down  and out I never heard him say they didnt deserve to be the opening game or worse never ever heard him say lets take away ANZAC day match or the DREAMTIME game  from The Druglords.  What an absolute flog,dickhead  

Reply #17
I turned it off it made so angry... Robbo wanted to give every single showcase game to "more deserving" clubs like the pies and cheats FC.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
 Professor he wanted to give the opener to the Dogs v Tiggers ,lucky to be 60000 at the game and 50000 will be Tigger supporters anyway 

Reply #19
We had 83k this year then going backwards 80k, 78k, 61k, 72k, 86k, 72k, 60k when we had the tigers in R1 (not sure if they've all been season openers).

Why don't we deserve it?

Reply #20
We have close to the largest fan base of any club, albeit much of that is currently latent support.  It staggers me that people like Robbo dismiss this so readily.

When we get back on our feet you watch them all come crawling back to jump on the bandwagon... Hawks v coasters, meh, we'd pull 90 000 at our next final vs just about anybody.

And we'd win the bloody thing too.

Reply #21
I would have been ecstatic if we didn't open the season. No more prime time for us until we have something to offer/show.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #22
HTF does cheats FC establish yet another marquee game and call it the "country game".  Last I saw Essendon was a suburb of Melbourne!

The heading "bush master... Sheedy launches Farmer's clash" is on the back page of the small paper - had to read it twice, initially thought it read "bullcrap master... Sheedy launches Farmer's clash".

The arrogance of that mob is deadest unbelieveable.

Reply #23
Rumour is plenty of travelling next season with a lot of interstate games...going to be a long hard season in 2016...

Reply #24
Rumour is plenty of travelling next season with a lot of interstate games...going to be a long hard season in 2016...

This can be a good thing, nothing better for team building than being on the road with your teammates, especially for that unexpected win. How much good would of the come from behind win in Adelaide have done that squad in 00's?

AFL would still realize that we can draw a crowd when the time is right, a few early Melbourne games when the optimism is still around then travelling to WA and QLD mid season. Get to warmer places for a few days to recharge.

Reply #25
HTF does cheats FC establish yet another marquee game and call it the "country game".  Last I saw Essendon was a suburb of Melbourne!

The heading "bush master... Sheedy launches Farmer's clash" is on the back page of the small paper - had to read it twice, initially thought it read "bullcrap master... Sheedy launches Farmer's clash".

My personal boycott of any games involving EFC will continue next year.  >:D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Good, our blokes need to adopt the "anywhere, anytime" mentality. Green grass, 4 sticks at either end, get agot, kick it through the big sticks more times that the opo. KISS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
No Friday night footy......AFL (and moreso the Hun) think it's a slap in the face, as far as I'm concerned they're doing us a favour!!! Rushing home from work, end-of-week tiredness, Friday night traffic, staying for just 3 quarters (if that) watching us get flogged, weekend ruined before it's begun.......no more of that = win-win!!! Thanks AFL!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #29

Farmer's game for the bombers is appropriate given what they were injecting into their players. The only thing they didn't give them was sheep dip.