Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Draw (Read 29140 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Draw

Reply #30
No Friday night footy......AFL (and moreso the Hun) think it's a slap in the face, as far as I'm concerned they're doing us a favour!!! Rushing home from work, end-of-week tiredness, Friday night traffic, staying for just 3 quarters (if that) watching us get flogged, weekend ruined before it's begun.......no more of that = win-win!!! Thanks AFL!!!

Nothing worse that this season when we lost on Friday nights, it ruins your whole weekend.

Friday night is the leagues showcase, I fully understand why we don't get these games, we finished last and were noncompetitive most of the time. The top 8 should get the lions share of those games, but I'm sure Collingwood and Essendon will get a big chunk too, let's just hope that they get flogged too. >:D

We still get to play each weekend, develop out of the main stream and when TV execs look at the poor ratings of a Port v Bulldogs Friday night game, complain to the AFL, we'll see how long before things are changed.

The average punter are sick of Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo being the contenders each season, West Coast is almost as bad. North is as fun to watch as getting a prostate exam with no lube. The AFL needs new blood at the top of the ladder and they need a healthy Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond. While the AFL execs can lick their own collective icy poles over a Gold Coast V GWS grand final, it would pale into insignificance to a Carlton V Richmond one.

Reply #31
No Friday night footy......AFL (and moreso the Hun) think it's a slap in the face, as far as I'm concerned they're doing us a favour!!! Rushing home from work, end-of-week tiredness, Friday night traffic, staying for just 3 quarters (if that) watching us get flogged, weekend ruined before it's begun.......no more of that = win-win!!! Thanks AFL!!!

Its always nicer on a sunny saturday afternoon at the footy anyway rather than a cold night at the footy.  Its that crappy sunday twilight spot that annoys the living crap out of me.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
HTF does cheats FC establish yet another marquee game and call it the "country game".  Last I saw Essendon was a suburb of Melbourne!

The heading "bush master... Sheedy launches Farmer's clash" is on the back page of the small paper - had to read it twice, initially thought it read "bullcrap master... Sheedy launches Farmer's clash".

The arrogance of that mob is deadest unbelieveable.

Rumour is plenty of travelling next season with a lot of interstate games...going to be a long hard season in 2016...

This stuff is no accident, the loss of all Friday night football, the re-establishment of EFC marquee games, the increased travel for Carlton. The AFL, the AFL media and the AFL as an industry is dominated by old boys / past players. It all confirms the rumors I have heard about an anti-Bolton bias in existence, many are rumored to be really bitter about him getting he job ahead of past players. Although it is also rumored the clubs and the AFL want him to succeed primarily as a cost reduction measure, they are powerless to assist because past player influence is endemic across all aspects of the AFL.

If it's true it will cost Bolton his job in the long term, he faces the same issue and Brittain. Bolton is on a hiding to nothing and Carlton cannot really win this battle! You can write the reports now as soon as there is a Carlton stumble, is the coach's lack of playing experience the issue, can you win a flag with a coach who has never played the game at the highest level, does the coach really understand what is needed on the MCG in Sept!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Yep
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
I'm looking forward to plenty of Sat arvo games next year - my favourite timeslot and a chance to get that traditional footy experience back.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
Hawks first up in the NAB challenge ...then its the Swans and the WADA Bombers..........

Tough start for the undefeated Bolton....

Reply #37
WE need to be careful though.

I dont mind not playing Friday night this year, but a big attraction for our club (used to be) is playing big games at the MCG, testing your wares on Friday night Footy.

If we want to attract big names in future years, we need to be at a stage where we are playing and winning Friday night footy again.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #38
Hawks first up in the NAB challenge ...then its the Swans and the WADA Bombers..........

Tough start for the undefeated Bolton....

But on a positive note, the game against Hawthorn is in Launceston!!!!!

Reply #39
Then Essendon at Princes Park with Sydney at Etihad, the final match. a 1 hour plane trip each way for the entire pre season, not too shabby.

Reply #40
The last time we played here, Waite lined up on Buddy at CHB and Shuan Grigg caught Richard Pratts plane home so that he could go to a mates 21st.

Reply #42
No Friday Night games and now we have been banished To Tasmania first up.

How far we have fallen.   :P

Reply #43
The last time we played here, Waite lined up on Buddy at CHB and Shuan Grigg caught Richard Pratts plane home so that he could go to a mates 21st.

And we actually won! Pity is was a pre-season game.

Reply #44
No Friday Night games and now we have been banished To Tasmania first up.

How far we have fallen.   :P

Won't be going to that one.
Reality always wins in the end.