Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Draw (Read 29139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Draw

Reply #75
17 v 18 battle it out. Winner takes pick 1 and avoids the spoon - losing side must do a lap of the MCG on gf day with the spoon at half time.  ;D

I like it! As long as it's not us.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #76
The bye weekend pre finals is the perfect weekend for State of Origin footy among players of the teams who don't make the 8.

Possibly.
It would be a pretty diluted couple of teams...but there would still be a bit of quality there.

The problem would be how committed players would be to such a concept given most of them would be looking for a rest.

Reply #77
The problem would be how committed players would be to such a concept given most of them would be looking for a rest.

I'm not sure too many players would be interested in risking their preseason either. It's like a movie cop on his last day before retirement - it's  tempting fate big time :P

Reply #78
The AFL could run a lightning premiership with two 15 minute halves and the final on the Sunday afternoon.  It might be our best chance for some silverware  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #79
Murphy's law... this year will no doubt be one of those seasons where every team in the 8 needs to win for different reasons. Then we have a weekend off to do some gardening.

Sounds good now but bet it'll be crap when the time arrives. Kills public "momentum" leading ti the finals. Get on a high after round 23 then anti-climax.

Reply #80
Druggos apparently don't play any of this years top 6 teams.
It craps the he11 out of me that they get so much help from the powers that be.

Incorrect.....although i can see how you can make that assumption. Richmond finished 5th at the end of the H+A season. Although they did lose week 1 of finals.

Reply #81
Incorrect.....although i can see how you can make that assumption. Richmond finished 5th at the end of the H+A season. Although they did lose week 1 of finals.

OK, I read it in a news article.

Reply #82
Druggos apparently don't play any of this years top 6 teams.
It craps the he11 out of me that they get so much help from the powers that be.

EFC plays every other team once and Richmond twice.

According to this analysis in the Age, Carlton and Essendon have the easiest fixtures, while North has the toughest.

The other most striking thing about these rankings is the recognition by the AFL that the two clubs with the most premierships to their name are - in performance terms - mere shadows of their former selves.

Carlton might not be too pleased going from six Friday night games to none next year, but the considerable upside is the Blues have been dealt by my reckoning the easiest fixture in the AFL for 2016.

The Blues aren't happy with the short-term commercial outlook, but a more negotiable draw might be a far better starting point in public relations terms than some of the drubbings they received before wider audiences this year.

Essendon are in a similar situation. The Bombers, like the Blues, have generally had a fixture in the tougher half of the rankings despite their comparative lack of latter-day success, but that all changes next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-fixture-release-2016-our-formula-finds-the-real-winners-and-losers-20151030-gkmur1.html#ixzz3q6M04uBp
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #83
EFC plays every other team once and Richmond twice.

According to this analysis in the Age, Carlton and Essendon have the easiest fixtures, while North has the toughest.

Why EssenScum with an easy draw, are the AFL predicting a mighty whack heading their way?
The Force Awakens!