Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Ladder - Going Early (Read 19535 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Ladder - Going Early

Reply #45
That's quite likely...which is why I put the qualification "If the players stick".
If they don't it will be Bombergeddon
...but if they circle the wagons they may not be as wounded by this as we might think.
They've been able to still attract players to the club during the scandal.

Goddard i want success? lol
Chappy i just want a team that wants me?

Anyone else?

Reply #46
Craig Bird, Matthew Leuenberger last year
Gwilt the year before....they're average at best, but if the Bombers can convince players it's a new regime and a chance to be a part of the climb up the ladder under Worsfold they'll find players.

But it really depends on the fallout.
If players start legal action against the club, and the cracks start to open, they're History.

(I actually feel uncomfortable making a case for them not being finished...so I'm going to stop now.) :D

"Theyre screwed!"
That feels better :D

Reply #47
Making Goddard captain might set 'em back a bit once he gets into his on field public beratings.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Making Goddard captain might set 'em back a bit once he gets into his on field public beratings.

Goddard doesn't deserve the captaincy, but Essendone deserve to have him as captain !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #49
And the problem with that is? ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Goddard doesn't deserve the captaincy, but Essendone deserve to have him as captain !!
Touché!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #52
The Hun ran a poll of experts asking them the top eight, premiership, Brownlow and last place.

Out of two dozen "experts" only one failed to pick EssenScum to finish last, Jon "Malph" Ralph picked Carlton to finish last.

Now tonight Ralph's published a story discussing Daisy's Dollar Deals, Ralph is trying hard to destabilise our club so that his ladder prediction comes true. He thinks he can make Bolton bite like Malthouse and Swann used to bite. He thinks he can cause trouble amongst the playing list like the way they bullied us into offloading Robinson, Garlett and others.

Ralph might as well just bite himself. The Judge, Bolton and SOS have put those days long behind us! ;)

Carlton are on the up! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
True. And can he change his spots? I doubt it. I expect to see his mouth open often, and not positively.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
The Hun ran a poll of experts asking them the top eight, premiership, Brownlow and last place.

Out of two dozen "experts" only one failed to pick EssenScum to finish last, Jon "Malph" Ralph picked Carlton to finish last.

Now tonight Ralph's published a story discussing Daisy's Dollar Deals, Ralph is trying hard to destabilise our club so that his ladder prediction comes true. He thinks he can make Bolton bite like Malthouse and Swann used to bite. He thinks he can cause trouble amongst the playing list like the way they bullied us into offloading Robinson, Garlett and others.

Ralph might as well just bite himself. The Judge, Bolton and SOS have put those days long behind us! ;)

Carlton are on the up! :D
We may yet finish on the bottom, if our list cannot stay reasonably fit. That was one of our main issues in 2015.If we HAVE to play the kids before they are ready, then we may well be bottom. But that doesn't bother me. I will be happy to see us being competitive and to see the list develop (as it hasn't for far too long).
Essendon, on the other hand, look more like we were in 2003 - 2006. They will need a LOT of draft luck to turn that around. (I am really happy about that - is their an emoji for smile like a shark?)

As for Mr. Ralph, I doubt our staff will be worrying about his credibility that much. More likely to take notice of Caro (and that is hard enough for anyone). :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #55
We may yet finish on the bottom, if our list cannot stay reasonably fit. That was one of our main issues in 2015.If we HAVE to play the kids before they are ready, then we may well be bottom. But that doesn't bother me. I will be happy to see us being competitive and to see the list develop (as it hasn't for far too long).
Essendon, on the other hand, look more like we were in 2003 - 2006. They will need a LOT of draft luck to turn that around. (I am really happy about that - is their an emoji for smile like a shark?)

As for Mr. Ralph, I doubt our staff will be worrying about his credibility that much. More likely to take notice of Caro (and that is hard enough for anyone). :)

x2
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #56
Ralph shot himself in the foot rather grandly when commenting on our lame performance against cheats.com.au a few weeks back.

In his comments he rolled out low level stats for a number of players failing to understand that most of the players he mentioned had very limited game time... the kind of howling mistake you'd expect from a rookie journalist shortly after his lobotomy.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #57
Ralph's been having a crack at us quite a lot recently, maybe someone from Carlton pinched his sausage roll!
The Force Awakens!