Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Jim Park Voting Rd #3: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 6458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Jim Park Voting Rd #3: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #15
Team  B

3 - Kruezer

3 - Murphy

2 - Gibbs

2 - Plowman

1 - Cripps

1 - Curnow

1 - Docherty

1 - SPS

1 - White
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
As Crashlander reminds us;

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

I hope all is OK Crash!
No worries. I was at the game and will be voting shortly.
I have had a lot of issues lately and I haven't been on as much as I prefer. However, I will be voting with great pleasure after this week's result! :) :) :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
It was very nice to have a win, especially over the Drug Cheats, whom I dislike hugely. To win as we did was impressive indeed. Had we been able to kick a little straighter, especially from set shots, then I would have given us an ‘A’.
Team:   B+

Votes:
It is always difficult after a win like this, as many players deserve votes for their efforts. I’ll do my best.

[3]   Murphy
[2.5]   Gibbs
[1.5]   Rowe
[1.5]   Plowman
[1.5]   White
[1.5]   Kreuzer
[1]   Ed Curnow
[1]   Cripps
[0.5]   Docherty
[0.5]   Petrevski – Seton
[0.5]   Simpson

Explanations:
[3]   Murphy:   A brilliant game. His 3rd 30+ possession game in a row and easily his best. Murphy’s goal was brilliant and the number of tackles he had was excellent.
[2.5]   Gibbs:   Although Gibbs has got plenty of possessions this season, this was the first time he really dominated and hurt his opponents. If he could have kicked a goal from his 5 shots, it would have made things complete.
[1.5]   Rowe:   Not at his best this season, this week the game lent itself to his ‘spoil first, everything else 2nd’ style of game. He beat Daniher in the air on every contest.
[1.5]   Plowman:   Showing his worth as a recruit, Lachie played a Silvagni type game and provided a lot of rebound, while keeping his man out of the play.
[1.5]   White:   Had a job and did it well, while still gaining possessions himself.
[1.5]   Kreuzer:   Lost the tap out battle, but won just about everything else. He managed to minimize the effectiveness of the opposition ruckman and did a lot in the packs and around the ground. He had more tackles than anyone else.
[1]   Ed Curnow:   Took out Merrett when he looked dangerous and managed a great goal.
[1]   Cripps:   Clearly not at his best, but he was dangerous and more effective than usual by foot.
[0.5]   Docherty:   Didn’t start that well, but as the game went on, Doc came back to the sort of form he showed last year. Brilliant after half time.
[0.5]   Petrevski – Seton:   Lots of tackles and more than a little magic. A long way to go, but he shows great signs.
[0.5]   Simpson:   Simmo has also been down this year, but he stood up under great pressure.

Honourable Mentions:
Tom Williamson:   He dropped out of the game a bit after half time and made a few mistakes, but he showed a LOT. An excellent first up effort.
Levi Casboult:   Not conditions for him to dominate in the air, but he rucked more effectively this week and he did give a target to kick to, Better body work as well.
Caleb Marchbank:   Off more often than he has been recently, due to conditions providing him with a lack of opponent. But he was solid and showed himself to be an excellent pickup.
Daisy Thomas:   Not a dominating game, but he was dangerous and quick thinking. Worth his spot.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Team = B

[3]   Murphy
[2]   Gibbs
[2]   Rowe
[2]   Plowman
[2]   Docherty
[1]   White
[1]   Kreuzer
[1]   Cripps
[1]   Petrevski – Seton

Reply #19
Team B+

5 Murphy
4 Plowman
3 Docherty
2 Cripps
1 Rowe
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #20
Team A-

3 - Murphy
2 - Kreuzer
2 - Gibbs
2 - Rowe
1 - Ed Curnow
1 - Plowman
1 - Docherty
1 - White
1 - Marchbank
1 - Sammo

HM: Crippa, Casboult (gr8 bodywork), Wright, Kerridge for the big goal.
Last but not least - Williamson. Take a bow son. Top notch debut. Welcome to the mighty Blues - looks like you belong already.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #21
Team B

Plowman 3
Rowe 2
Kruezer 2
Murphy 2
Docherty 2