Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 17: Carlton vs. Sydney (Read 12084 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 17: Carlton vs. Sydney

Reply #60
Will Sedderfield 9 tackles and significant forward pressure. Exactly what Teague said about ‘Just doing your job.’  Progressing very nicely......after 14 games!!

I reckon WS is showing some really good signs.

2020 he could be the hard inside mid we need to help Cripps at the centre bounce and stoppages.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #61

2020 he could be the hard inside mid we need to help Cripps at the centre bounce and stoppages.

Yes we must remember that although he's been around for a while he is, due to injury, still very much in the development stage. He'll be a very good player imo. Also a solid enough performance again from Lang, and he seems popular with the other players  - will he come good as well? Big bonus if he does.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62

Agreed, it's development from guys like SoJ and Setterfield that for me diminishes our need to pay overs for another mid. Setterfield, SoJ, Dow, Walsh, Fisher, SPS, Gibbons, are all going to be better in 2020.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
I don't know about you people but I have taken a major dislike against Blakey.  I don't know if it's his demeanour or apparent aggrogance but he needs taking down a peg.  Reminds me of a young Fletcher.... all elbows and attitude.

Agreed. Getting much bigger wraps that his output warrants....

Really had little influence on the game imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #64
Yes we must remember that although he's been around for a while he is, due to injury, still very much in the development stage. He'll be a very good player imo. Also a solid enough performance again from Lang, and he seems popular with the other players  - will he come good as well? Big bonus if he does.

Lang's effort late in the last sealed the win. Perhaps a few wins will get his confidence up and see him doing what most believe he cab do (which is a lot more than what we've seen from him during his stint at CFC).

Would be managing Dow and O'Brien.

Time for some DeLuca time!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #65
Went out to the game yesterday with my boy, just about the ultimate football experience for him.
I found out beforehand where the cheer quad were sitting and booked our seats with them.
We went to the pub beforehand for the pre match meet and greet, only downside for the day was not winning a raffle.
Legend bloke at the pub handed me an envelope and says to me “take your boy out on the field for the guard of honour”.
Lined up on the ground for cheers and high fives as the lads took the ground.
My boy had a ball screaming his head off and cheering at the top of his lungs with the cheer squad guys.
A win against my equal most hated team, a great win!
And As we are cheering for the boys down on the boundary after the game, Gibbons runs straight over to my son and hands him a signed ball.

The boy hasn’t stopped playing with it since we got home. He is pretending he is a Patrick Cripps & Marc Murphy running around the house kicking it and handpassing to himself.

Couldn’t have planned a more legendary experience for him.

That one he, or you for that matter, won't forget for a long time.

Reply #66

Awesome!

Amazing what a win (or four) do for everyone's morale!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
Lang's effort late in the last sealed the win. Perhaps a few wins will get his confidence up and see him doing what most believe he cab do (which is a lot more than what we've seen from him during his stint at CFC).

Agree re Lang - some real desperation to intercept the Syd kick near our F50.  Bloody brilliant pick up by Dow to kick to H and seal it.

Disagree re Dow and LOB - LOB is making a mark and Dow will come good; I really have no doubts those two will come good and when it happens, it'll happen fast and they won't look back.  I think it will happen, is happening, now.  LOB seems so confident when he gets it, and whilst there are some miskicks/errors, he's got this solid attitude about himself and a bit of mongrel, which we need.  Dow is (will be) silk.

Reply #68

Totally agree. His speed to get to that contest and be instrumental in the turnover was critical.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #69
Agree re Lang - some real desperation to intercept the Syd kick near our F50.  Bloody brilliant pick up by Dow to kick to H and seal it.

Disagree re Dow and LOB - LOB is making a mark and Dow will come good; I really have no doubts those two will come good and when it happens, it'll happen fast and they won't look back.  I think it will happen, is happening, now.  LOB seems so confident when he gets it, and whilst there are some miskicks/errors, he's got this solid attitude about himself and a bit of mongrel, which we need.  Dow is (will be) silk.

Agree Dow will get there - not this year though.

LOB - hmmm. Far from convinced! But they're very young, granted.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #70
On the much overhyped Blakey:

9 disposals, 0 tackles, 0.3 (3 behinds) - 36 Fantasy points.

Walsh

28 disposals, 3 tackles, 1.1 goals.

100 Fantasy points.

Worlds apart.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #71
I always want us to say something about the seemingly one sided umpiring - Cats definitely have their players trained up to question everything and complain incessantly and I can't help but think that that sways the umpiring - Sydney are doing it too.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/richardson-pots-umpires-as-end-nears-for-saints-coach-20190713-p526zd.html

Reply #72

Oh for sure.
Never thought I'd be in such as position.
The club deserves kudos for giving a bunch of kids (and their dads/mums) a great game day experience.
It may have cemented his loyalties too. He has been running around the house ever since commentating himself as all of the Carlton boys. We had to go down the park this morning for a kick around. We alternated between Cripps, Levi and "big H"

Reply #73
Agree Dow will get there - not this year though.

LOB - hmmm. Far from convinced! But they're very young, granted.

Watched LOB a few times yesterday when coming out of defence on our side of the ground. He has a lot of poise and is a great field kick as well.
I think he has come along leaps and bounds in the last 6-8 weeks.

Reply #74
Watched LOB a few times yesterday when coming out of defence on our side of the ground. He has a lot of poise and is a great field kick as well.
I think he has come along leaps and bounds in the last 6-8 weeks.

A "great field kick"?

ROFL.

(thus far anyway)
Finals, then 4 in a row!