Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 17: Carlton vs. Sydney (Read 11882 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 17: Carlton vs. Sydney

Reply #90
Dont think we need to get too cocky that we are are sure things to beat GC and StKilda......Stkilda with Richo have been tough work but now have a better coach in a honeymoon period looking to win that senior role. IMO the Saints will be tough work and its naive to think we can just rock up and beat them.

GC will have their backs against the wall and all teams are dangerous when that happens, GC could be a coach killer too, everyone is suddenly jumping onboard the
Teague bandwagon and expectation is high of a win. IMO this game is one where Teague now has everything to lose and nothing to gain.....if he wins it will just go down
as a routine expected win if he loses it be a nail in his coffin for the senior job and the training wheels will be back on.
Lets hope the players have the right attitude this week ,expect a decent contest and dont let Teague down...

given their injury list - and the suspension of Miles - we would have to kick 4.20 ish to lose imo.

Agreed, Saints will be very tough. Arguably tougher than the Crows!

EB, would you take Gibbs back for peanuts?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #91
Dont think we need to get too cocky that we are are sure things to beat GC and StKilda......Stkilda with Richo have been tough work but now have a better coach in a honeymoon period looking to win that senior role. IMO the Saints will be tough work and its naive to think we can just rock up and beat them.

Further to our SpecialK discussion.

The Aints have Rowan Marshall in hot form, probably been in the top three BoG for them two weeks running, very relevant for us as the Aints generally touch us up in the midfield anyway!

Next few won't be a pushover for Kreuzer like recent weeks!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
given their injury list - and the suspension of Miles - we would have to kick 4.20 ish to lose imo.

Agreed, Saints will be very tough. Arguably tougher than the Crows!

EB, would you take Gibbs back for peanuts?

Fly, Gibbs doesnt add anything to what we already have and if anything would be a negative given he has been called out
at the Crows for not contesting well enough.
As you know I'd like to steal both Crouch bros and bring them back home to Victoria...

Reply #93
Fly, Gibbs doesnt add anything to what we already have and if anything would be a negative given he has been called out
As you know I'd like to steal both Crouch bros and bring them back home to Victoria...

There's some talk that Gibbs wants to go to Port, so maybe a Victorian club is out for now.

Reply #94

Agreed EB, I was ecstatic when he left....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #95
There's some talk that Gibbs wants to go to Port, so maybe a Victorian club is out for now.

I hope he will be very happy there.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
Fly, Gibbs doesnt add anything to what we already have and if anything would be a negative given he has been called out at the Crows for not contesting well enough.

I’m not sure that he has been called out.  I think that is more a case of a failing coach thrashing around for solutions and not having the balls to tackle the real problems at the Crows (that’s code for Tex).

Port have their coaching (and president) issues too but I think Gibbs would do OK there - but I’d have him back on our list if it was at no cost - and that’s not going to happen.

As for the Crouch brothers - meh!  Their best footy is behind them and they’d just be stealing games from our youngsters.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
I’m not sure that he has been called out.  I think that is more a case of a failing coach thrashing around for solutions and not having the balls to tackle the real problems at the Crows (that’s code for Tex).

Port have their coaching (and president) issues too but I think Gibbs would do OK there - but I’d have him back on our list if it was at no cost - and that’s not going to happen.

As for the Crouch brothers - meh!  Their best footy is behind them and they’d just be stealing games from our youngsters.

Yes I agree, as I mentioned earlier I think Pyke should be closer to the chop than anyone.

Maybe Rooshooter is just keeping his powder dry, but I suspect there is a .303 cartridge with a name already scratched on it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98

GC will have their backs against the wall and all teams are dangerous when that happens, GC could be a coach killer too, everyone is suddenly jumping onboard the
Teague bandwagon and expectation is high of a win. IMO this game is one where Teague now has everything to lose and nothing to gain.....if he wins it will just go down
as a routine expected win if he loses it be a nail in his coffin for the senior job and the training wheels will be back on.
Lets hope the players have the right attitude this week ,expect a decent contest and dont let Teague down...
Absolutely agree with this.  I think this game and the attitude of the players will determine a lot.