Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast at Marvel (Read 7093 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast at Marvel

Reply #15
x2...Playing with a poor team we havent seen the best of him this season but that left boot he has is a good one and with a good Italian surname like Fiorini
there is only one logical place for him to be and thats at Carlton.

Ainsworth would be very highly rated if he was at a better club.

I honestly think GC need to go hard at a full on rebuild right now. Forget the past and the dire position they're already in - offer all their good players longish deals - whoever doesn't want to sign trade them out for as many first round draft picks as they can get. They already hit last year's draft hard. Do it again now and build a culture around a group of kids like GWS has done.

Reply #16
The weather in Melbourne this week sounds is going to be wet and windy: perfect time for a game at Marvel! Now we have to be able to beat their rucks!

Sunny on saturday but VERY windy.

Isn't the roof closed irrespective of weather conditions?

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
Sunny on saturday but VERY windy.

Isn't the roof closed irrespective of weather conditions?

No.

We had to suffer through a glary day against Brisbane because the sun was out.

It makes awful viewing for TV too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
My answer is still correct as of 5 weeks ago.

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
what does that mean? ???

it means that as recently as the Brisbane game, we played with the roof open.

You asked a question, I answered it.

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
it means that as recently as the Brisbane game, we played with the roof open.

You asked a question, I answered it.

I was looking forward not backwards!

Yes, I was aware of the sun during the Brisvegas game  ::) ::)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
would be nice to see a (key) cfc forward kick a swag - 6 or 7.

Big H - reckon this lad (at this stage of his development) is a huge confidence player....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
Big H - reckon this lad (at this stage of his development) is a huge confidence player....

Maybe, but a lot of his recent success was due to McGovern doing the unrewarded sacrificial stuff, something I'd posted on here about long before he was dropped.

I liked Teague telling Casboult to be the person pushing forward to get out the back of contests. That's A-Grade coaching, not just because it gets Casboult in the right place, but because it's easy to understand and Meat can execute that dragging an opponent away from the contest!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Maybe, but a lot of his recent success was due to McGovern doing the unrewarded sacrificial stuff, something I'd posted on here about long before he was dropped.

he hasn't had much real success since the start of the season though last Saturday he presented well.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
he hasn't had much real success since the start of the season though last Saturday he presented well.

If you only measure success by goal scoring, but his influence over the outcome of the game has risen dramatically.

It too easy to associate kicking goals with personal efforts, when in reality scoring a goal is usually down to things team-mates do! For example SoJ finding himself as the tall in some recent F50 contests, only comes about because McGovern and Casboult are dragging KPD opponents away from the fall of the ball! Remember, Charlie and McKay were not playing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Apart from the obvious wish of having a good win this week, I would also like to see us kick a big score - 20 goals - no wind, no wet, so no reason why not.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #29
If you only measure success by goal scoring, but his influence over the outcome of the game has risen dramatically.

It too easy to associate kicking goals with personal efforts, when in reality scoring a goal is usually down to things team-mates do! For example SoJ finding himself as the tall in some recent F50 contests, only comes about because McGovern and Casboult are dragging KPD opponents away from the fall of the ball! Remember, Charlie and McKay were not playing!
rubbish.

Now you're comparing the Guv's efforts to SoJs?

ROFL.

He was sorely missed last weekend. Not.
Finals, then 4 in a row!