Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 12970 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #90
You clearly don't watch the game

I do and I see it clearly, I'm not blinded by misplaced sMurphy rage! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
I do and I see it clearly, I'm not blinded by misplaced sMurphy rage! ;D

So, he had 19 tackles in 9 games under Bolton and 20 tackles under 5 games with Teague.
That's double.
But hey, you're all over it

5.8 clearances v 1.6 per game
10.6 Contested v 6.6 per game

Reply #92
It's amusing to think we are only marginally impressed by a 4-goal win. 

We continue to have patches in very game where the whole team goes to sleep.  When we got 43 points, we let the Suns kick 4 of the easiest goals they will ever get.  And when they missed a sitter to get within 2 goals in the first minute of the last quarter, I could still see some snoring going on.

I said to my son after the game, it's amazing how playing a poor side can make you just as lukewarm.  And I think we saw plenty of that.

We certainly need to spend the summer on making the forward line function more efficiently.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #93
So, he had 19 tackles in 9 games under Bolton and 20 tackles under 5 games with Teague.
That's double.
But hey, you're all over it

5.8 clearances v 1.6 per game
10.6 Contested v 6.6 per game

It got nothing to do with sMurph intent, it's the difference between playing mostly midfield versus mostly somewhere else like on a wing or as a HF!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
I'm just happy Murphy is (again) contributing in a meaningful way...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #95
Late to the conversation but it was a funny feeling after watching the game....favourites and expected to win...which we did by 4 goals. But after leading by 6 goals we never put them away but credit to Gold Coast who never chucked it in at any stage and made us work hard for the 4 points.

I was surprised when I looked at the stats and saw Levi only had 10 possessions...he seemed to be everywhere and clunked anything that came near him. One of his best games IMO and his resurgence has been fantastic to watch.

Other positives were the form of Jones/Weitering combination down back, Kennedy up forward and probably the best game Lang has played for us. O'Brien was okay in the first half but undid some of the good work with 2 or 3 out on the full in the second half. Harry should've had a day out given the height advantage he had and with the amount of ball we had but his set shot kicking was terrible.

Silvagni continues to contribute and works hard to do a lot of the little things like spoil, chase, smother, tackle. His form since coming back into the team has been fantastic.

Deluca did enough to suggest he'll be a handy pick up.

Reply #96
The coaches’ votes are interesting: Liam Jones (10 votes), Ed Curnow (5 votes), Harry Mckay (4 votes), Sam Walsh (2 votes) and Michael Gibbons (1 vote).

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
The coaches’ votes are interesting: Liam Jones (10 votes), Ed Curnow (5 votes), Harry Mckay (4 votes), Sam Walsh (2 votes) and Michael Gibbons (1 vote).

Are there some votes missing i.e. it's a 5 to 1 voting system?

2 x (5+4+3+2+1) = 30
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #98
I was surprised when I looked at the stats and saw Levi only had 10 possessions...he seemed to be everywhere and clunked anything that came near him. One of his best games IMO and his resurgence has been fantastic to watch.

At one stage I saw he had 7 disposals from 8 marks.  ::)

Reply #99

2 x (5+4+3+2+1) = 30

Just our players are listed here.  A couple of GC players got votes.

Reply #100
Just our players are listed here.  A couple of GC players got votes.
Aha, makes sense. Thanks Dodge.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #101

2 x (5+4+3+2+1) = 30

I didn’t think anyone would be interested in votes for Cold Toast players  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #102
At one stage I saw he had 7 disposals from 8 marks.  ::)

Possible if you take a mark and a free kick is paid off the ball or the siren sounds and you give the ball to the umpire.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #103
Possible if you take a mark and a free kick is paid off the ball or the siren sounds and you give the ball to the umpire.

Levi was called to play on after taking a mark.  The ball was knocked out of his hands and his follow up tackle resulted in a ball up.

It was a crap call from the umpire and robbed us of a deep inside 50.

Reply #104
Levi was called to play on after taking a mark.  The ball was knocked out of his hands and his follow up tackle resulted in a ball up.

It was a crap call from the umpire and robbed us of a deep inside 50.

One of many David!

They were abysmal during most of the game (noting they made a concerted effort to square up the count late in Q3 and Q4).
Finals, then 4 in a row!