Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 19 Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 8236 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 19 Carlton vs Adelaide

We could be the team that settles the fate of Adelaide this season. if they beat us, they'll probably play finals. If we win, we get away from giving them the best of picks and might even kick them out of the Eight. Certainly, it would be a big dent in their chances.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 19 Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
Interesting that we have a handy comparative form guide, having both played the same opposition in consecutive weeks - the Crows pummelled the Suns last week by nearly 100 points, on their home deck. We beat them by 4 goals. I hope that's not a genuine indication of the disparity between us and the Crows. No doubt the Suns turned up to play yesterday.

The Crows have everything to play for next week, and if they don't throw everything at us, including the kitchen sink, then they're not fair dinkum, and the usual suspects will cop some serious heat.

On paper they still have a terrific forward line and a very good midfield. Should be a great game if both teams turn up.

Reply #2
Interesting that we have a handy comparative form guide, having both played the same opposition in consecutive weeks - the Crows pummelled the Suns last week by nearly 100 points, on their home deck. We beat them by 4 goals. I hope that's not a genuine indication of the disparity between us and the Crows. No doubt the Suns turned up to play yesterday.

The Crows have everything to play for next week, and if they don't throw everything at us, including the kitchen sink, then they're not fair dinkum, and the usual suspects will cop some serious heat.

On paper they still have a terrific forward line and a very good midfield. Should be a great game if both teams turn up.

We tended to play as we felt yesterday. Once the foot went on the gas we look really good, then we tended to cruise through the motions. Next week we need the foot on it all day. Worries me when we play a bit flat as we can tend to carry it over.

We've won all our games under Teague against interstate sides, may as well keep it going.

Reply #3
Teague was an integral part of the Adelaide coaching team in their Grand Final year. The Crow’s personnel has not changed dramatically over the last couple of years neither has their game plan. Teague would have some fairly good intel on th Crows which I’m sure he’ll be putting to pretty good use this week.

Reply #4

Fortunately for us, form seems to be largely irrelevant this season.  On paper, the Crows (they really should be the Ravens, but that’s another matter) should flog us but, like EB, I reckon we’ve got a 50/50 chance of snagging the four points.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
this one really matters.  it's no secret.  in part it has a bit to do with Bolts' sacking.  when the pick swap happened an expectation was clearly made that we had to improve this year. and here we are with a game that has the potential to play a big part in the final outcome of that trade. if we can knock off the crows and they end up missing finals we are huge winners at the draft. guaranteed top 10 pick. if they fluke a final or two we could be looking at pick 15 or worse.

anyway - i reckon the whole club would be aware of that.  it's a real test because the crows also know it, and they'll come out firing you'd think. they want us to finish as lowly as possible.

i hope our boys haven't spent too many petrol tickets yet.  in fact i hope they're going to play out the year strongly. it will be a real statement if we beat the crows. i'll be brave and pick us to win.

go blues

Reply #6
Need big games from Cripps and Kreuzer.
Both quiet last week.
Hopefully our backline has a good day, as when they’re on, they are very good.

Reply #7

i hope our boys haven't spent too many petrol tickets yet.  in fact i hope they're going to play out the year strongly. it will be a real statement if we beat the crows. i'll be brave and pick us to win.

go blues

The previous coach had the players guarding grass most of the time, and watching the opposition waltz past without giving chase. Our boys should have plenty of gas left for the remainder of the season.

Crows by 5 goals.

Reply #8
Both quiet last week.

I suspect they are both carrying injuries, well we know Kreuzer was and Cripps was limping multiple times last week.

Short term thinking from some sectors no doubt!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Both quiet last week.

Unfortunately neither Cripps or Kreuser will be certainties to play. They were both carrying injuries last week.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #10
Losing K would be catastrophic.....coupled with the fact that the Crows had a bad loss and have been kicked from pillar to post by the media etc  I'd really like to win this one, but reality says a competitive loss by 4-6 goals.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
Losing K would be catastrophic.....coupled with the fact that the Crows had a bad loss and have been kicked from pillar to post by the media etc  I'd really like to win this one, but reality says a competitive loss by 4-6 goals.

I note the Drug Cheats were down by 30 late in the 2nd Q.

Won by 21, running away....

Something our lads are very adept at...

Something's not right at the Crows - they have become perennial under performers in recent seasons.

Cripps/Special K aside, this is a very winnable game.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #12
Cripps/Special K aside, this is a very winnable game.

Injuries cannot be ignored when considering match outcomes, they are a valid excuse/reason for losing despite whatever spin coaches put on the situation!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Injuries cannot be ignored when considering match outcomes, they are a valid excuse/reason for losing despite whatever spin coaches put on the situation!

My point exactly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!