Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
Casboult + Phillips > O’Brien + Jenkin

O’Brien got his share of hit outs and picked up possessions around the ground but most were inconsequential/ineffectual.

Go Blues!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31
Marvellous ????

Reply #32
Moving him back to defence for a while was a stroke of genius.

Agree...Levi is a keeper and those games he played down back did wonders for his confidence.
Some old blokes in Thomas, Simpson and Murphy playing some fine footy too....credit to Murphy he has been very good since the Teague
era began and Simpson who also looked jaded has a new spring in his step.

Gibbons is turning into a reliable senior footballer, disposal has improved and has proved again that the State Leagues are a source of ready made talent.

Cripps had his own footy today and monstered the Crows, Brodie Smith got trampled on in his efforts to tag the skipper and 3 Brownlow votes coming Cripps way.
Walsh has Stack breathing down his neck for the rising star but put up another consistent game today and is keeping his nose in front IMO.

Reply #33
Casboult + Phillips > O’Brien + Jenkin

O’Brien got his share of hit outs and picked up possessions around the ground but most were inconsequential/ineffectual.

Go Blues!

I thought Obrien was the Crows best player, Jenkin was putrid and will be at another club next season.
Philips was ok in the ruck but I thought the Bolt was the man with his all round display....its a Jones like turnaround for the Bolt
and I'm shocked at how good his decision making and execution has become. Hitting moving targets by foot, choosing the right handball options, more body on body ruckwork
and leading patterns are better than anyone else. :o

Reply #34
I thought Obrien was the Crows best player, Jenkin was putrid and will be at another club next season.
Philips was ok in the ruck but I thought the Bolt was the man with his all round display....its a Jones like turnaround for the Bolt
and I'm shocked at how good his decision making and execution has become. Hitting moving targets by foot, choosing the right handball options, more body on body ruckwork
and leading patterns are better than anyone else. :o

Casboult obviously played out of his skin, but don't sell Phillips short.

O'Brien was flavour of the month coming into the game.

Phillips had 35 hitouts (32 to Obrien), took 3 contested marks, including 2 inside 50 and kicked 1.1 and a goal assist too.

Obrien certainly didn't play a bad game, but pat on the back to Phillips who first up, performed.

Reply #35
By the way, how good is jack Silvagni’s decision making under pressure in the fwd 50? He creates a lot of goals.

Reply #36
Mega proud today, great win against a top half side,  albeit one with issues.  Best win in years I reckon.  Good team effort, lot of contributors.  Crisps massive. Defence well organised and ball movement good - too good for that one paced mob.

Need to tidy up finishing,  Hollywood Harry still burns a lot of chances.   Casboult's three today papered over a few issues, has been massive last month.

Jenkins really craps me off and I can see why the Crows are keen to fob him off as a trade.. It's OK to bludge and be selfish  against  a crap side but he was badly shown up today.   Doesn't work anywhere near hard enough and not smart enough anyways to create space. Take note Harry,  don't play like that bloke.

Oh,  and Glenelg beat the SANFL Crows.   Gibbs had 40 and Betts kicked 4.  So there ain't much to come in.   Time to hit the panic button Donald.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #37
Aside from the obvious developing players I think we are started to see other lesser players making more and more valuable contributions, some of who we had started to write off. All of the team was pretty good today but I am especially encouraged by the progress of Setters, Kennedy, Lang and O'Brien and even Phillips. These were increasingly regarded by many as fringe players but now really seem capable of becoming valuable players for us.
Paddy Dow is my only slight concern but I think he will eventually come good.

If we can get the lesser lights really performing well then we are definitely on the right track - that's what makes champion teams.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38
Apparently Campo’s two boys were at the game today ... in Carlton clobber!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
I hope Bryce enjoyed the sea air today.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
Mega proud today, great win against a top half side,  albeit one with issues.  Best win in years I reckon.  Good team effort, lot of contributors.  Crisps massive. Defence well organised and ball movement good - too good for that one paced mob.

Need to tidy up finishing,  Hollywood Harry still burns a lot of chances.   Casboult's three today papered over a few issues, has been massive last month.

Jenkins really craps me off and I can see why the Crows are keen to fob him off as a trade.. It's OK to bludge and be selfish  against  a crap side but he was badly shown up today.   Doesn't work anywhere near hard enough and not smart enough anyways to create space. Take note Harry,  don't play like that bloke.

Oh,  and Glenelg beat the SANFL Crows.   Gibbs had 40 and Betts kicked 4.  So there ain't much to come in.   Time to hit the panic button Donald.

That's 3 sides in the 8/were in the 8 at the time, that we have beaten. Brisbane haven't been beaten in 6 games since we rolled them.

All our 5 wins under Teague have been against interstate teams. Eagles next week hopefully makes it 6.

Reply #41
Casboult obviously played out of his skin, but don't sell Phillips short.

O'Brien was flavour of the month coming into the game.

Phillips had 35 hitouts (32 to Obrien), took 3 contested marks, including 2 inside 50 and kicked 1.1 and a goal assist too.

Obrien certainly didn't play a bad game, but pat on the back to Phillips who first up, performed.

Philips was ok in the ruck but Obrien had 20 possies to add to his 32 hitouts...not bad for a young player with zero help from his fellow ruckman(if you could call Jenkins a ruckman). I would keep Philips as backup but replace Lobbe with a bigger younger ruckman who can be trained to play on the monsters..

Reply #42
Great effort from Kennedy and the medical staff because his ankle injury looked bad at the time. Wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls up sore and misses next week.

We have two angry, solid bodied forward / onballers in DeLuca and Gibbons who love the close in hard stuff, don’t mind giving one on the way through to whoever is tailing Cripps. They also know how to block up forward. We were very critical of Murphy for not being physical, mainly because there was no one else to do it. The emerging of those two has meant that Murphy can now concentrate on what he does best.

Also, Plowman is coming of age, unselfish, good decision making and shutting down his man (was he on Lynch???)

Setterfield, Walsh, SPS were great and Lachie O’Brien was far more composed with his kicking.....he will come good.

And just to top off a great day, Liam Stocker nailed it in the twos!!!!

Reply #43
Great win .

Those  green sprouts are starting to blossom.  :D

We were on top almost all  day.

Don't mention 'green shoots or any other stupid Boltonism. They died with that putrid coach.

Reply #44
I actually just did the ladder predictor.

I tweaked it with us winning every game and teams we want to lose, losing.

It is mathematically possible for us to still make the 8!

How's your tipping? We need you now to get 9 winners each week...lol.