Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 20: Carlton vs. West Coast (Read 9703 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 20: Carlton vs. West Coast

Reply #75
Average age:
WC: 26.2
Blues: 24.3

Average games:
WC: 125
Blues: 74

WC were 2 years more mature, with 2 seasons more game experience.

Image that Carlton team playing themselves in 2 years time.
I'm confident we will be more than a 4 goal better team in 2 years.

(Gold Coast actually fielded a more experienced team than us on the weekend, and got thrashed by the 69 points.)

Take Simmo out of that equation and tell us how it looks.

He is the definition of an outlier (we would have been smashed without him in as he was one of our best).

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #78
A Wet Toast player deliberately legged Harry just outside the F50 arc and nothing, nada, and it would have been unmissable on video as the player was lying on the ground and reached out for Big H's ankle!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
If you get a chance, check out Liam Ryan punching SPS in the guts as the quarter time siren goes. SPS had already disposed of the ball when he gets blind-sided.

The little sniper disguised it well, but obvious what his intent was as you can see him look back the the damage he did.

... and this was not even mentioned in the MRP report.

Reply #80
If you get a chance, check out Liam Ryan punching SPS in the guts as the quarter time siren goes. SPS had already disposed of the ball when he gets blind-sided.

The little sniper disguised it well, but obvious what his intent was as you can see him look back the the damage he did.

... and this was not even mentioned in the MRP report.

I saw SPS down behind play and thought he'd injured himself. Expected a camera replay, but nothing. Never found out what happened until now.

Reply #81
I saw SPS down behind play and thought he'd injured himself. Expected a camera replay, but nothing. Never found out what happened until now.

It was Rioli who cleaned SPS up....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #83
The MRO is just rotten.   Biased.   Selective.   Inconsistent. Acts like the Rioli one constantly  ignored,  yet if say Curnow looks sideways he gets reviewed. Do they actually review every minute of every game?   Evidence says the MRO does not.

He's not doing the job.   Sack the clown or give him realistic guidance so he does a meaningful job of it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #84
The lads didn't apply enough pressure and let wet toast do what they do best. They spread and use the ball as well as anyone. The fact we didn't get flogged shows we have plenty of hope. The boys have been up for a while now and if that's a down game I'm pretty happy.

We missed Liam Jones. He's brilliant when going. I can't believe how good a player he has become. Daisy also missed. He just puts his body on the line every time.  Doc will mske us better down back i just cross my fingers for him.

One more gun mid will really help. As many say i reckon sos will trade our first rounder for the best he can snag. We can only play a small in the middle for short bursts until they get bigger. But they will get bigger. Shuey started as a skinny kid once remember.

The fwd line will be better when charles and mitch are fit. I don't know if we can play 3 talls but if it works we will be very hard to stop. At worst we play the 2 best and get serious competition for spots. Really Kennedy and Jack are fighting for the same spot. We desperately need a magic small fwd. Having said that i am growing very fond of young Gibbons. He's a bloody ripper. A real fighter. And a neat kick and can snag a goal.

I think we'll get 2 more wins or get very close. Bring on 2020.

Reply #85
The lads didn't apply enough pressure and let wet toast do what they do best. They spread and use the ball as well as anyone. The fact we didn't get flogged shows we have plenty of hope. The boys have been up for a while now and if that's a down game I'm pretty happy.

We missed Liam Jones. He's brilliant when going. I can't believe how good a player he has become. Daisy also missed. He just puts his body on the line every time.  Doc will mske us better down back i just cross my fingers for him.

One more gun mid will really help. As many say i reckon sos will trade our first rounder for the best he can snag. We can only play a small in the middle for short bursts until they get bigger. But they will get bigger. Shuey started as a skinny kid once remember.

The fwd line will be better when charles and mitch are fit. I don't know if we can play 3 talls but if it works we will be very hard to stop. At worst we play the 2 best and get serious competition for spots. Really Kennedy and Jack are fighting for the same spot. We desperately need a magic small fwd. Having said that i am growing very fond of young Gibbons. He's a bloody ripper. A real fighter. And a neat kick and can snag a goal.

I think we'll get 2 more wins or get very close. Bring on 2020.

8) 8) 8)
Finals, then 4 in a row!