Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 21 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 8134 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 21 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
If McKay is fit I'm the Pope.

His kicking has gone from reliable to lacking penetration.   I reckon he's playing through injury and McGovern might come in for him as an alternative.

Like him or not, our forwards kick more goals with him there than without him.

From another site “I’m told it’s groin related- he can play with it but has changed his kicking style to ease the pain trouble... hence the wayward shots late in the season.”

With no Charlie, no McGovern, no Kerr, he’s almost the last man standing and this could make sense.

Reply #16

Personally I'd give Goddard and Schunacher the flick, let them take Lang with them.

Bring back in Jones and Daisy and, if fit, Cunners for Lang.

Lang is trying to play the Jed Lamb role but he is nit as annoying to his opponent - only to the fans who  hope he will do something useful.

Cuningham has more to offer than Lang but he did stuff-all in limited game time in the curtain raiser.

Schumacher got caught out a few times due to lack of awareness and the pace of the game but I wouldn't mind if he gets another game; he looks promising.

Reply #17
Lang is trying to play the Jed Lamb role but he is nit as annoying to his opponent - only to the fans who  hope he will do something useful.

Cuningham has more to offer than Lang but he did stuff-all in limited game time in the curtain raiser.

Schumacher got caught out a few times due to lack of awareness and the pace of the game but I wouldn't mind if he gets another game; he looks promising.

It was like watching a train crash about to happen when Schumacher received a handball at halfback.  I guess it was a good lesson for the young man.  I thought he did enough to keep his place but will probably make way for Daisy.  He was stiff not to get a free for in the back when Liam Ryan was paid the mark in the goal square.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
It was like watching a train crash about to happen when Schumacher received a handball at halfback.  I guess it was a good lesson for the young man.  I thought he did enough to keep his place but will probably make way for Daisy. He was stiff not to get a free for in the back when Liam Ryan was paid the mark in the goal square.

He'll get use to life playing for Carlton, first he'll get angry, then he'll get even!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
i think Thomas will come in for Schumacher, Kreuzer for Phillips, and Jones for Goddard. That's a much stronger team than last week. No-one bashing the door down for Lang's position unfortunately

Reply #20
Not sure where to put this, but Sportsbet just paid out on Sam Walsh to win the Rising Star. Doesn't mean he has won it, but those are betting $193,000 that he will

Reply #21
In: Jarrod Garlett, Liam Jones, Matthew Kreuzer, Mitch McGovern, Dale Thomas

Out: Angus Schumacher

I/C Garlett Phillips Thomas Jones Goddard McGovern Kennedy Gibbons

Reply #22
i think Thomas will come in for Schumacher, Kreuzer for Phillips, and Jones for Goddard. That's a much stronger team than last week. No-one bashing the door down for Lang's position unfortunately

...and McGovern for Kennedy?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
Still think McGovern might play VFL this week

Reply #25
CARLTON
B: Nic Newman, Lachie Plowman, Kade Simpson
HB: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Jacob Weitering, Will Setterfield
C: Zac Fisher, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O'Brien
HF: Josh Deluca, Levi Casboult, Jack Silvagni
F: Sam Walsh, Harry McKay, Darcy Lang
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Ed Curnow
Int: Jarrod Garlett, Dale Thomas, Mitch McGovern, Michael Gibbons, Liam Jones, Andrew Phillips, Hugh Goddard, Matthew Kennedy (Four to be omitted)

IN: Matthew Kreuzer, Jarrod Garlett, Dale Thomas, Mitch McGovern, Liam Jones
OUT: Angus Schumacher (Omitted)

RICHMOND
B: David Astbury, Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Shane Edwards
C: Jayden Short, Dion Prestia, Shai Bolton
HF: Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna, Kane Lambert
F: Liam Baker, Jack Riewoldt, Tom J. Lynch
R: Ivan Soldo, Josh Caddy, Dustin Martin
Int: Jack Graham, Sydney Stack, Brandon Ellis, Mabior Chol, Toby Nankervis, Jack Ross, Kamdyn McIntosh, Marlion Pickett (Four to be omitted)

IN: Sydney Stack, Toby Nankervis, Jack Ross, Kamdyn McIntosh, Marlion Pickett
OUT: Dan Butler (Omitted)

Interesting selections indeed.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
Looks like Schumaker could be gone next year.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #27
Looks like Schumaker could be gone next year.

Not sure, he can play football.

The only thing that worries me is the apparent lack of physical development since he arrived. I'm not aware of him having any specific injuries, but he's as skinny as the day he was drafted or maybe even skinnier!

Having said that, we are not light on for medium sized defenders. Yet the lack of durability from Williamson and Macreadie might save Schumacher.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Can't see Garlett getting a game surely? Haven't seen his name once in the best in the VFL.

If everyone named in that team list is fit then for mine:

IN: Kreuzer, Thomas, Jones, McGovern.
OUT: Phillips, Schumacher, Goddard, Lang.

We've got enough small forward presence with DeLuca and Gibbons and enough medium size with Silvagni and Kennedy at times. Phillips would be unlucky as he's been pretty good but Levi playing well probably forces him out. He might not be 100% fit but we need McGovern in the team....we looked lost at times last week when McKay was marking way up the ground and then no marking presence forward and we just hit Jeremy McGovern or Barrass or Schofield time after time.

Reply #29
Can't see Garlett getting a game surely? Haven't seen his name once in the best in the VFL.

If everyone named in that team list is fit then for mine:

IN: Kreuzer, Thomas, Jones, McGovern.
OUT: Phillips, Schumacher, Goddard, Lang.

We've got enough small forward presence with DeLuca and Gibbons and enough medium size with Silvagni and Kennedy at times. Phillips would be unlucky as he's been pretty good but Levi playing well probably forces him out. He might not be 100% fit but we need McGovern in the team....we looked lost at times last week when McKay was marking way up the ground and then no marking presence forward and we just hit Jeremy McGovern or Barrass or Schofield time after time.

Yes I tend to agree - The Guv to just shade out Kennedy.

Schumacher unfortunately looked a bit shell shocked, especially early, but I wouldn't be writing him off completely just yet. As our team improves he should eventually get another opportunity under a bit less pressure - gee, the WCE would have been a scary baptism for him. He should get another year imo.
Reality always wins in the end.