Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 21 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 8143 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Prognostications AFL 2019 Rd 21 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #30
Can't see Garlett getting a game surely? Haven't seen his name once in the best in the VFL.

If everyone named in that team list is fit then for mine:

IN: Kreuzer, Thomas, Jones, McGovern.
OUT: Phillips, Schumacher, Goddard, Lang.

Garlett was OK last weekend, but judged relative to a rubbish team performance.

Not sure Lang would get dumped, but he's a chance.

I heard an unverified rumor McKay might be an out which perhaps explains The Gov.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
I heard an unverified rumor McKay might be an out which perhaps explains The Gov.

The word seems to be that he has been carrying a groin injury but due to our lack of tall forwards, he's been the last man standing.  With Gov now available, they may choose to rest him.

Reply #32
If that's true about McKay then would be almost tempted to leave Phillips in the team to ruck with Kreuzer and play Levi permanently forward...not ideal given his form of late, but McGovern on his own as the only tall forward after a month out and with no form line would be a big ask.

Agree on Schumacher.....Williamson looks a long shot to be able to make it with his injuries and Macreadie hasn't come on, so Schumacher deserves a shot at it as a medium defender but needs to bulk up a bit for sure.

Reply #33
If that's true about McKay then would be almost tempted to leave Phillips in the team to ruck with Kreuzer and play Levi permanently forward...not ideal given his form of late, but McGovern on his own as the only tall forward after a month out and with no form line would be a big ask.

Agree on Schumacher.....Williamson looks a long shot to be able to make it with his injuries and Macreadie hasn't come on, so Schumacher deserves a shot at it as a medium defender but needs to bulk up a bit for sure.

Schumacher was ok last week, got caught a few times and got smashed by Yeo after his teammate set him up but he got up soldiered on and I thought he used the ball well and stood his ground
in marking contests. Reminds me of a taller young Simpson, I'd be keeping him in the team...

Reply #34
Garlett was OK last weekend, but judged relative to a rubbish team performance.

Not sure Lang would get dumped, but he's a chance.

Lang was named in the 18 so he will stay in (unless he develops an injury). 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
Schumacher was ok last week, got caught a few times and got smashed by Yeo after his teammate set him up but he got up soldiered on and I thought he used the ball well and stood his ground
in marking contests. Reminds me of a taller young Simpson, I'd be keeping him in the team...

+1 went past Cameron Polson in terms of looking comfortable at AFL level in his debut.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #36
+1 went past Cameron Polson in terms of looking comfortable at AFL level in his debut.

Different players Thry, Schumacher has no on ball tank at all.

The Simmo analogy is OK, but I'm not sure Schumacher will ever have that amount of run, some have likened his VFL game to Ken Hunter.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Different players Thry, Schumacher has no on ball tank at all.

The Simmo analogy is OK, but I'm not sure Schumacher will ever have that amount of run, some have likened his VFL game to Ken Hunter.

Some people look at players and thier abilities and say you cannot compare the two, and thats ok, but I rewind my thinking to a night match at the Adelaide oval, and young Cameron Polson looked completely out of his depth regardless of tank and ability to hit targets.  Our team was slaughtered mercilessly by Port Adelaide that day and he didnt disgrace himself, but he didnt really look like he could play AFL footy.  His endeavour was the only endearing quality.  Today, his endeavour is still his only endearing quality.

Schumacher looked like he could be capable at this level.  He hit targets well.  Big difference.  This was against a premiership team on his debut.  I saw enough to think that he could be a back pocket for us in future.

He is just not ready yet to play week in and week out.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #38
FINAL TEAM ????

In: MCGOVERN, KRUEZER, THOMAS, JONES ✅

Out: GODDARD, KENNDEDY, SHUMACHER, PHILLIPS (all omitted) ❌..

Reply #39
Bit harsh on Kennedy, but if Govs fitness is up to scratch, you'd think he'd be better than Kennedy.

When was the last time we dropped a bloke who'd was averaging 1.5 goals a game (after he'd kicked 9 goals from his past 6 games?

Reply #40
Bit harsh on Kennedy, but if Govs fitness is up to scratch, you'd think he'd be better than Kennedy.

When was the last time we dropped a bloke who'd was averaging 1.5 goals a game (after he'd kicked 9 goals from his past 6 games?

Big pressure on the Guv to perform though!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #41
Agreed Kruddler....much prefer to have Lang go out as Kennedy can run through the midfield too and take a mark up forward....was it only a couple of weeks back he kicked 4?

Reply #42

Very harsh IMO, Kennedy deserved to stay in and McGovern should have come back via the two's given he had no fitness and no form.
Not sure what gives McGovern a automatic free pass back in other than his big contract..
I would have liked Schumacher to stay in as well given there isnt anything riding on the game and the kid showed enough signs he could be a player last week.

Reply #43
Agreed Kruddler....much prefer to have Lang go out as Kennedy can run through the midfield too and take a mark up forward....was it only a couple of weeks back he kicked 4?

3 weeks ago.

TBF, Gov has kicked 17 from 13 games....and almost all of them were under Bolton when we were kicking 3 goals a game less than we are now.....and he was unfit.

So....yeah, pressure is on, but his form has not been terrible, relatively.

Reply #44
Very harsh IMO, Kennedy deserved to stay in and McGovern should have come back via the two's given he had no fitness and no form.
I would have liked Schumacher to stay in as well given there isnt anything riding on the game and the kid showed enough signs he could be a player last week.

You bag out Obrien, but say Schumacher showed enough?

Schumacher showed that he might be looking for another club next year....only reason he got a game was because Daisy was a late out.