Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 15 2023 Carlton have the bye! (Read 3046 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 15 2023 Carlton have the bye!

Reply #45
@Lods think of the TdF as a blockbuster game during the season, some players will rest up in the leadup to be in peak condition for that 1 game.
Maybe Tennis is a better understood example, you’ve got the Grand Slam tournaments and then a whole host of “warmup and satellite events” that constitute the season.
TdF, Giro Italia, Vuelta de Espania, Paris Roubex, Criterium du Dauphine then a plethora of minor races make up the cycling season.

As G2C says, on off days and even pre/post race warm up/down, the riders turn out enormous numbers
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #46
I guess what I'm arguing is the 'more is better" philosophy.

It just results in burnout, mental fatigue and injury if there isn't some down time as well

Reply #47
I guess what I'm arguing is the 'more is better" philosophy.

It just results in burnout, mental fatigue and injury if there isn't some down time as well
At the end of the day Lods, they came out and won following the break in a game they had to win despite not having a ruckman. Lets hope and pray they go on with it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
At the end of the day Lods, they came out and won following the break in a game they had to win despite not having a ruckman. Lets hope and pray they go on with it.

Yep
I'm still not sure what they all did during the break though.
Whether some took the opportunity for extra sessions or some just had a complete break.
I think it would probably have been a bit varied and individual.

The important thing was they looked like they were back at it early in the week, and looked pretty switched on from the start of the game today.