Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 3852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 17 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #75
I said Silvagni can't ruck against legit ruckman. Let's wait till Sunday hey? It's your time to shine

No, its not.

It is not, and has not ever been my contention to have silvagni play as a ruck.
Circumstances make it the better option....and when he does, he does a lot better than he should given how ill prepared he is to be a ruck.
If TDK had half the heart SOS had, and could become more of a weapon around the ground, including defensively, i'd be the first one to tell Jack to jog off to the 2nds....but he doesn't.

Jack will get flogged, but he won't drop his head. He won't shirk contests. He won't give up.
Young....i'd be happy if he can do just one of them under the same duress.

Reply #76
If we beat them despite getting flogged in the ruck then it will highlight how useless Pittonet is.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #77
If we beat them despite getting flogged in the ruck then it will highlight how useless Pittonet is.

Not exactly.
It will certainly highlight that you don't need 2 rucks playing though.

Reply #78
Not exactly.
It will certainly highlight that you don't need 2 rucks playing though.

Yep and the one who is the invisible man after the tap gets the bullet.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #79
Yep and the one who is the invisible man after the tap gets the bullet.

Which you are referring to Pittonet.
Yet he averages a mere 1 possession less than TDK does, and has played 8% less TOG on average.

So they are both invisible men around the ground. May as well play the one that gives us first use more than any other ruck in the game....and the one we offered a contract too first and isn't scared of throwing his weight around.

Reply #80
Pittonets ruck work around the ground is sublime. I just don't notice him after that. TDK follows up his ruck work, takes more marks and threatens to take more. He is yet to hit his prime.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #81
Pittonets ruck work around the ground is sublime. I just don't notice him after that. TDK follows up his ruck work, takes more marks and threatens to take more. He is yet to hit his prime.
I did a comparison the other day with those 2 around the ground. I'm not going to find it again, but its somewhat of a myth about how much TDK actually does.
Yes, he definitely 'threatens' to take more marks, and he looks good doing it, but in the end, its an empty threat.
Maybe its the blonde hair. Maybe its the headband. But he gets a lot more attention put on him than he deserves based on his actual output.
I'd love nothing more for the guy to reach his potential (or even get halway close) but he is a perennial tease and needs to pull his finger out because potential doesn't cut it anymore.

As bad as the hawks rucks were at taking advantage of a situation they should've dominated, like REALLY dominated, it shows that 2 rucks is a luxury not worth having if it hinders your team balance.

Reply #82
I'd give Harry a run in the ruck too this week. Time for him to step up and use that big frame to help his team overcome
a bit of a disadvantage this week.
FFS, keep BigH as far away from Darcy as possible, Darcy fecks up opponents for fun!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
FFS, keep BigH as far away from Darcy as possible, Darcy fecks up opponents for fun!

We should all remember that. Especially Pittonet.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #84
I saw Docherty and McGovern in my local coffee shop here in Perth this morning having breakfast.
Happy to report McGovern appeared to get through uninjured!

Reply #86
Hewett the sub.

Overcast and windy here but only about 30-40% chance of rain....the wind will make it tricky.

Reply #87
Vossy interviewed pre game and said the start is super important. Every time I have heard him say this in 2023 the game has been over at qtr time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88
Vossy interviewed pre game and said the start is super important. Every time I have heard him say this in 2023 the game has been over at qtr time.
Alas, not always with us in front. Still, I understand why Voss said. I can hope it happens.
Live Long and Prosper!