Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 3151 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 17 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

All ready for the post game this week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 17 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
I guess it’s official; Freo is rubbish like all the other teams we’ve beaten this season 🙄

Very solid effort from the boys.  Go Blues 👏
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
Ruckman are overrated
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Excellent and professional win. Loved it, our defence was great.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Probably our best win this season given how hard it is to beat Freo at home and with the handicap of no ruckman.
Yep the last two wins were vs rubbish teams but this was a decent win and a good team effort overall and I thought Harry played a very good all-round game and Walsh returned to more of his usual form. Sorry to see Kennedy injured as he is one of my fav players but Hewett should prove a able replacement vs Port next week.
Yep ruckman are over rated but the physical wear and tear aspects of using part timers vs proper ruckman might show in the next few weeks if we don't have our front liners back.

Reply #5
I doubt there would be one person here that would've knocked that back if given the choice pre-game.

Take that every week.

Reply #6
This win meant a bit more seeing it was against a decent side, at least, interstate, especially by the margin we beat them by. Only a game out of the 8 now.

Must've been just one of those patches during our horror run which sides get occasionally. That, or we tried something different that didn't work. Not inside the 4 walls so I don't know.

Reply #7
Two games at Optus this year for a combined winning margin of 161 points.

Maybe we still think it is the old Optus Oval and we feel at home...haha.

Reply #8
Great win by the boys. We looked the better side for 4 quarters. Maybe an "A" for the voting thread for the first time this year. I'm sort of thinking it was the same last year we played this mob? Are they our bunnies? Only disappointment was Kennedy's injury. Fingers crossed on a favourable outcome.

Reply #9
How hard, and important is Jack Martin! Fumbled early, but put in a great second half, his pressure is elite! (That bump!!)

Reply #10
How hard, and important is Jack Martin! Fumbled early, but put in a great second half, his pressure is elite! (That bump!!)
One of the dead-set highlights of the game. 2 weeks in a row he's done that. Hope he can stay fit

Reply #11
Probably our best win this season given how hard it is to beat Freo at home and with the handicap of no ruckman.
Yep the last two two wins were vs rubbish teams but this was a decent win and a good team effort overall and I thought Harry played a very good all-round game and Walsh returned to more of his usual form. Sorry to see Kennedy injured as he is one of my fav players but Hewett should prove a able replacement vs Port next week.
Yep ruckman are over rated but the physical wear and tear aspects of using part timers vs proper ruckman might show in the next few weeks if we don't have our front liners back.
it wasn’t just the win. But the way the win happened. Comprehensive. I didn’t feel as nervous as usual when they got a few in a row, I felt confident they’d go on with it. Nice change.

Reply #12
One of the best all round wins on every line I have seen in a while.

A few boys out there need to give themselves a pat on the back for that performance

Reply #13
Excellent and professional win. Loved it, our defence was great.
Weiters and Saad where HUGE! Gov was also very good to be fair.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
I was very impressed,  especially early when the game was there to be won, with the slick, in close, ball movement.  Seemed to position well for the receive but importantly they spotted targets and most often hit them.
Often we seem to do the inside flick around as a defensive/panic move but today they seemed to use it to attack.