Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 18 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5053 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 18 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #30
Dixon is a key player for them as he creates a lot of space and requires several players to restrict him.
It's not about the goals he kicks he just seems to create apprehension and even Weitering doesn't look comfortable playing on him.
He isn't dirty or trying to run through players even legally it's just his attack on the footy usually creates a spillage and bodies on the deck leading to opportunities. The other one is SPP who is like a smaller version of Dixon and uses his strength well and kicks important goals on the back of being hard to tackle and restrain. They have a varied forward line and I think if they get enough supply it's going to be hard to stop them and that's why I think our midfield need to be at their best and winning more ball than the opposition. Can't see either defense holding up if the forwards get enough supply. Charlie and Harry should provide the same nightmares for Ports defense.
Houston will need a tag as he is a key driver in Ports attacks...Cottrell would be my man for the job.

Reply #31
I'm looking forward to seeing how we face off. Although think this will be a mountain too high.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #32
It wasn't limited to our little pond here mate.

Plenty of talkback radio and media beat up on the topic.

Okay, personally I don't listen to that stuff... sheesh, I don't even take any notice of my own rantings after an embarrassing loss! And as for the media!! Clicks, sensationalism, exaggeration... etc. I barely watch most programmes, except for the more measured, intelligent discussions... discussions where 'why' is the chief question, not rampant opinions of doom and gloom.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
We need to turn up with the right attitude. If we do we should win. I would go with Dow to replace Kennedy but they will probably go with Hewitt. TDK for Young though I am not sure McGovern will play.

Reply #34
Okay, personally I don't listen to that stuff... sheesh, I don't even take any notice of my own rantings after an embarrassing loss! And as for the media!! Clicks, sensationalism, exaggeration... etc. I barely watch most programmes, except for the more measured, intelligent discussions... discussions where 'why' is the chief question, not rampant opinions of doom and gloom.

I don't seek it out, but i'd lie if i said some of it doesn't find its way to me.
Sometimes through here, sometimes through social media.

Reply #35
I don't seek it out, but i'd lie if i said some of it doesn't find its way to me.
Sometimes through here, sometimes through social media.

Supporters largely live in the moment.
You can't change that.
If we'd lost the last three instead of winning them, can you imagine the noise.

Now we have some tough games coming up.
If we lose more than we win, and the manner of losses is one that doesn't show the same level of pressure and commitment, watch it change again.

Reply #36
Rozzee and the brat are having AA seasons, but thankfully our greatest nemesis - Robbie Gray - has retired.  Butters is a lippy, dirty, sly little sod who has cut us up, and physically worked us over, in the past.  I would mind seeing him sat on his ar$e a few times, might shut his yapping up.  Our smaller players eg Walsh are going to get some treatment, pity Kennedy is out this week.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #37
Rozzee and the brat are having AA seasons, but thankfully our greatest nemesis - Robbie Gray - has retired.  Butters is a lippy, dirty, sly little sod who has cut us up, and physically worked us over, in the past.  I would mind seeing him sat on his ar$e a few times, might shut his yapping up.  Our smaller players eg Walsh are going to get some treatment, pity Kennedy is out this week.
Martin sat Pearce on his ass good and proper on Sunday, I was most impressed. Its not the size of the dog in the fight...you know the rest.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38

Butters has gone up a level this season.  Proper gun player.

Rozee is all hype imho.   I've seen better from him this season than the past but nothing too special up until this season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #39
I can handle losing (just) but can't stand being beaten up physically.  It's weak and this mob have lorded it over us in the past.  They think we're weak and we've never done anything about it other than crumble under pressure.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40
Butters has gone up a level this season.  Proper gun player.

Rozee is all hype imho.   I've seen better from him this season than the past but nothing too special up until this season.
Ive changed my mind on Rozee, I've been impressed this year with his maturity and consistency. I dont however subscribe to theory that we should have drafted him instead of Walsh, not even one iota. I would pick Walsh over Rozee every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #41
I can handle losing (just) but can't stand being beaten up physically.  It's weak and this mob have lorded it over us in the past.  They think we're weak and we've never done anything about it other than crumble under pressure.
We won't get beaten up Prof. We will hunt and dish out the beating, the 23 that ran out on Sunday fear no one.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #42
Ive changed my mind on Rozee, I've been impressed this year with his maturity and consistency. I dont however subscribe to theory that we should have drafted him instead of Walsh, not even one iota. I would pick Walsh over Rozee every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'd be equally happy with both. Rozee has become tougher IMO, no longer just a flashy outside player.

Reply #43
Congratulations to Weiters on his 150th game in the navy blue 👏🏼
Hope it's your best game to date.

Added bonus if all our 2015 draft crop play the game! At least that is looking like a successful draft.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #44
Should be a good game to watch if we bring the heat.
Port will absorb it better than Freo and will come down to efficiency.
We have been very efficient past few weeks but this team is known to mentally fold in big games they have to learn sometime.