Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 19 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast (Read 2832 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 19 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #30
Walsh has been getting big numbers all year but was having no impact until our streak started. His short game yesterday was the best performance from a Carlton player since Judd.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Walsh has been getting big numbers all year but was having no impact until our streak started. His short game yesterday was the best performance from a Carlton player since Judd.

Big call, given some of Cripps's games...but he was outstanding.

Reply #32
I thought that Samo played well for the Eagles.  The crowd was quite kind to him, until his tackle on Cincotta.

He must be well-liked by his former teammates and spent a lot of time catching up after the siren.  Jack hobbled right across the ground to shake hands and have a chat.  Good to see but I couldn’t help thinking whether it was good for his knee.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
I thought that Samo played well for the Eagles.  The crowd was quite kind to him, until his tackle on Cincotta.

He must be well-liked by his former teammates and spent a lot of time catching up after the siren.  Jack hobbled right across the ground to shake hands and have a chat.  Good to see but I couldn’t help thinking whether it was good for his knee.
Had some dickheads near me yelling out at Samo all game about 20m kicks 🙄 so you’re a fat bloke sitting in the stand and he’s playing on the ground and you think you have the right to pot shot him about his abilities?! Righto.

Samo always seemed a nice genuine quiet type of person. I hate that he was booed after the Cincotta tackle, samo is not a dirty player.

Reply #34
Had some dickheads near me yelling out at Samo all game about 20m kicks 🙄 so you’re a fat bloke sitting in the stand and he’s playing on the ground and you think you have the right to pot shot him about his abilities?! Righto.

Samo always seemed a nice genuine quiet type of person. I hate that he was booed after the Cincotta tackle, samo is not a dirty player.
True..SPS isn't dirty and he did try hard but booing is a bit of a sport these days and having a communal boo seems to be popular at games now.

Reply #35
Big call, given some of Cripps's games...but he was outstanding.

He absolutely destroyed them, It was an even game as soon as he went off.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36
I read that not as playing 168 games in a row and getting 20 disposals but as having played 168 games and getting 20+ disposals…

In each game they have played (not including missing games through injury) they have managed 20+ touches.

Or in Walshs case, 64 games ago, he only had 12 touches in a game.

And its not 168, its 68 for Mcrae.

Reply #37
Without detracting from Walsh, Judd did this against Premiership teams not teams wallowing at the bottom of the ladder! ;)

Yesterday, and this season, for us percentage matters.

I can't recall Judd flogging piss-weak teams very often, maybe there were some games when more than just the win mattered, but most of the time against weak opposition he did just enough. Usually against weak opposition a switched on Judd ended the game in 5 or 10 minutes.

Cripps can and regularly does dominate the best of the best opposition, I wouldn't be making him obsolete just yet! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
That's 3 wins this season that I can recall us winning simply because a team basically has no answer for Charlie, if we can get Charlie, BigH and TDK all in form firing at the same time we can defeat anybody. Two is enough for most opposition, three is a bridge too far for everybody!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
That's 3 wins this season that I can recall us winning simply because a team basically has no answer for Charlie, if we can get Charlie, BigH and TDK all in form firing at the same time we can defeat anybody. Two is enough for most opposition, three is a bridge too far for everybody!
Dunno, Charlie always seems to do well when he is the sole Big Dog in the fwd line.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40

Samo has turned it on against us this year. Nearly didn't recognise his longer kicks and intensity in the contest. Up until he was injured, and the unnecessary Cincotta tackle in respective games that is. No doubt being closer to his country is beneficial.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #41

I took it as a bit of theatre after that tackle.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #42
How good is Hollands on both sides of his body!!

As is Cincotta, Cunningham, and Martin. Gives them more time to make decisions and avoid getting buried in a tackle.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #43
That wasn't a game, it was a shame.

Interesting to see Curnow playing out of the square in McKay's absence. Might be a good move long-term and have Harry go to CHF permanently.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"