Skip to main content
Topic: RD 20 : BLUES Scorch Suns (Final Siren Fadeout) (Read 16717 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 20 : BLUES Scorch Suns (Final Siren Fadeout)

We won, they lost, uninspiring second half.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 20 : BLUES Scorch Suns (Final Siren Fadeout)

Reply #1
I'll just pretend the second half didn't happen.

First half terrific. Where was that earlier in the year

Reply #2
We won, they lost, uninspiring second half.

Very uninspiring...leaves you feeling a little flat.
But I guess it's a reflection of the year.
When we're on, we're very good.
When we learn to maintain that we'll be successful.

Reply #3
Good effort, considering walker, Hendo, Kreuzer, robbo & Yarran out........continues our good form over the last 7-8 weeks. If I were PA, ESS or the cats I wouldn't be pencilling in a win just yet. Winning 1 or 2 of the last 3 will set us up for a good pre season ????

Reply #4
The number of times that players didn't honour the lead of Graham especially on the second half was extraordinary. He needs to he used a lot more because he is one player who knows where to run.

Reply #5
 Disappointing 2nd half fizzle but a good enough win. Practising "keepings off"?

Liked Graham again, looks like we may have a player.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Gold Coast were horrible today, poor skills, unaccountable, bruise free and more turn overs than I can remember. We should have won by 100 points plus, so even though we won I honestly don't believe that there were a real lot of positives to come out of this.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Just back from the game.
Blues were very good early but the second half was terrible football from both sides.
Waite was very good but whenever he went off for a spell our front half was non existent, Levi had a shocker.
Thomas, Judd, Murphy, Simpson and Gibbs all very good, Sheehan showed a bit, Bell did some amazing things and showed some skills I doubted that he had.
How much would Tom Lynch cost us?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #8
Gold Coast were horrible today, poor skills, unaccountable, bruise free and more turn overs than I can remember. We should have won by 100 points plus, so even though we won I honestly don't believe that there were a real lot of positives to come out of this.

One big positive. When the game was there to be won we were 46 pts up at half time. Pity it was a snore fest after. We did nothing but neither did they.

Reply #9
Lot of passengers all day long today, Menzel, Casboult, Touhy all poor. McLean was embarrising when Hall I think just ran away from him treating him with contempt making the piss poor commentators on Fox almost laugh at him.

All Healy could do was praise Gold Coast when they did the occasional good thing in the first half. I hate how they guess why a player wasn't playing, like Bell saying he was going up and down to the VFL for form, whenit was injury. So called experts.

A decent win, should of done more but if you would have said we'd win by 40 points then you'd be very happy.

Good to see Daisy looking more like his best, good running and kicking. Bell played very well as did Waite, Murph, Simmo, Judd and a few others.

Reply #10
Just back from the game.
Blues were very good early but the second half was terrible football from both sides.
Waite was very good but whenever he went off for a spell our front half was non existent, Levi had a shocker.
Thomas, Judd, Murphy, Simpson and Gibbs all very good, Sheehan showed a bit, Bell did some amazing things and showed some skills I doubted that he had.
How much would Tom Lynch cost us?

Think Levi's feeling a long season and is knackered. Probably never had to work so hard in a season before. If we were playing finals I'd leave him off all football for a week and freshen him. Seeing we're not just keep him going. He's been good this year so he's something to work with.

Reply #11
Whats the go with Yarran?

Reply #12

GC incredibly bad...  we looked like we were cooked in the 2nd half.

Reply #13
Think Levi's feeling a long season and is knackered. Probably never had to work so hard in a season before. If we were playing finals I'd leave him off all football for a week and freshen him. Seeing we're not just keep him going. He's been good this year so he's something to work with.

I know Lynch was a first round pick and Levi was 40 in the rookie draft but when you see a 21 year old key position command the ball like he did today in a badly beaten team you just want to move heaven and earth to get hold of him.
He and Levi are chalk and cheese.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.