Skip to main content
Topic: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension (Read 4726 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension

Reply #45
Sorry,  but this is bulls hit. The message it sends is.... Lay a good strong tackle and you're in trouble. What message is that sending?  Don't play hard?

I can remember Bryce Gibbs getting nailed for a sling tackle - fair enough too - but there were two just as bad the following week and they both got off. Surprise surprise....not.

If they AFL is truly worried about "the look",  how the F does Marinoff get off after practically putting a player into the spinal unit?

Mark my words,  the next hard tackle won't be cited,  of course it won't.   This is the deadset crappiest tribunal decision ever,  and there's been some crap ones. It verges on rampant Carlton bashing.
Consistency of message isnt a AFL strong point and agree the Marinoff case is bewildering  if you are seeking to protect the brand.
Do the AFL want a good hard game or a pretty game?

Re: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension

Reply #46
Consistency.... Pfft. That word isn't in the AFLs lexicon.

It was a hatchet job from start to finish.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #47
Put her in a different jumper and the outcome would be different.

Its an anti carlton thing.  The sooner you accept it the more comfortable you are with being screwed over.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #48
Put her in a different jumper and the outcome would be different.

Its an anti carlton thing.  The sooner you accept it the more comfortable you are with being screwed over.
I lobby strongly for Carlton to use more of the "us versus them" perspective, like the Filth do, then those actions become a motivation even if they are not deliberate! Coaches do not really like it, because it introduces unpredictable behaviour, but to me you need a bit of random to obtain ultimate success, being too predictable eventually serves an opponent more than it serves yourself.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
I still think its about the look of the game, thats not what the AFL want to see on TV with young women and their parents watching and the womens game will be a very sanitized version of the male game until its established.

Sadly, I think you are absolutely right. 'The look' is paramount -- just look at the CEO, all about appearances/fluff and entertainment. It will be interesting to see just how far they sanitize the game based on appearances only, and what it will look like at the other end. Makes Maddie something of an 'example'... a scapegoat, and that offends me at every interpretation of fairness.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #50
Next time we appeal a MRP stuff up, we should request to have Curly, Larry and Mo as the tribunal.  They couldn’t be any worse than the three stooges who suspended Maddie  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
I wonder how our fans and Prespakis feel right now following the Bowers decision?

When will the media put some real heat on the AFL over this MRP bullsh1t!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
I wonder how our fans and Prespakis feel right now following the Bowers decision?

The afl run their propaganda machines not the other way around.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #53

Bowers has got away with three fines this season; two for dangerous tackles  ::)

There is a bit of media angst:

Fremantle 200-gamer Paul Hasleby said the tackle “deserved weeks” on the sidelines and called for consistency.

7NEWS chief football reporter Mark Stevens urged league officials to appeal the tribunal’s decision, as it did in 2017 when Bachar Houli received a ‘manifestly inadequate’ two-match ban for striking.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Obviously the Pile Driver tackle has been sanctioned by the AFL.....what a joke, the head is sacrosanct but no worries about damaging someones neck and crippling them for life, thats fine.
That was a dangerous tackle with zero care factor for the player, whoever made that tribunal decision has no idea and should be sacked. The AFL powers at be need to appeal and demand a penalty, as if you would allow your daughter to play a game that allows that type of play to go unpunished.

Reply #55
I don't watch AFLW but I did see that incident.  Bloody joke.  Who in the "f" runs this show? 

Reply #56

I'm pretty happy.

We need Bowers playing to ensure Freo win.....and by as much as possible.
It helps our finals chances.