Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW R7 - Carlton vs Fremantle @Ikon - Sun 1:10pm (Read 3590 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW R7 - Carlton vs Fremantle @Ikon - Sun 1:10pm

Tough ask to come up against a rampaging Freo, especially after a thumping win against the Eagles by 11 goals. But this is our task.

At least we play on our home deck.

Looks like we'll be missing Mimi Hill after her knee injury today.
I reckon Al Downie could be an out (3rd week running?) due to form and perhaps injury after her hit today.

Bring in Harris and.....i'd like to say Brooke Walker, but i think she is 1 more week away unfortunately.
They will probably bring in Jess Edwards, although i'd probably prefer to blood some new blood.....maybe Winnie Laing gets the call up to help in the midfield. Potential to welcome back Daisy Walker too.  Otherwise Courtney Jones could add some pace.

Re: AFLW R7 - Carlton vs Fremantle @Ikon - Sun 1:10pm

Reply #1
Tough ask to come up against a rampaging Freo, especially after a thumping win against the Eagles by 11 goals. But this is our task.

At least we play on our home deck.

Looks like we'll be missing Mimi Hill after her knee injury today.
I reckon Al Downie could be an out (3rd week running?) due to form and perhaps injury after her hit today.

Bring in Harris and.....i'd like to say Brooke Walker, but i think she is 1 more week away unfortunately.
They will probably bring in Jess Edwards, although i'd probably prefer to blood some new blood.....maybe Winnie Laing gets the call up to help in the midfield. Potential to welcome back Daisy Walker too.  Otherwise Courtney Jones could add some pace.

Thank you, K, for those insights.

Dare I come up with this cliche, but... in many respects this game against Freo is a final for us. Lose and it's curtains for season 2021, win and we're still in with a show...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Apart from their game against Adelaide, this will be Fremantle’s first real away game and first game on the eastern seaboard.  That should give us an edge but we will have to be switched on at the start of the game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Thank you, K, for those insights.

Dare I come up with this cliche, but... in many respects this game against Freo is a final for us. Lose and it's curtains for season 2021, win and we're still in with a show...

I've done a bit of a ladder predictor type of thing to spell it out to everyone on what we need to do to make finals. Hopefully the format is able to be understood.

Carl - 12 points
Freo - loss *key game
GC - win
GWS - win
------
TOTAL - 20 points

WB - 16 points
NM - loss *key game
Ade - loss
Rich - win
------
TOTAL - 20 points (24 points if they beat NM)

Mel - 16 points
Ade - loss
Freo - loss *key game
Bris - loss
-------
TOTAL - 16 points

NM - 16 points
WB - win *key game
Bris - loss
Freo - loss *key game
-------
TOTAL - 20 points (16 points if they lose to WB

FREO - 20 points
Carl - win *key game
Mel - win *key game
NM - win *key game
------
Total - 32 points

Conclusion....
1. We want Freo to win against Melbourne, and NM. It helps us....even if we lose against them.
2. Melbourne are the most likely to miss out, possibly losing all 3 from here.
3. The WB/NM game is an important one. If dogs win and the other WB/NM games go to plan, it will come to down to %, NM clearly above us and Dogs. We could potentially rope in the dogs %. If NM beat dogs, % won't be an issue.
4. We need Adelaide and Brisbane to stay strong and beat these types of sides around us. Especially against the dees.

To sum it all up.....we should beat GC comfortably, and if we want to play finals, beating GWS should enable that. The match against Fremantle, will certainly help, but is not essential.

Hope all that makes sense.

Reply #4
Interesting to see if Brooke Walker comes straight back in, but I'd think so, if she is fit she is picked!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Interesting to see if Brooke Walker comes straight back in, but I'd think so, if she is fit she is picked!

She is officially available for selection.

Surely she comes back in once deemed available.

Reply #6
She is officially available for selection.

Surely she comes back in once deemed available.

Absolutely!

It’s a shame we can’t bring Dalton back too.  Haven’t they cancelled the Olympics yet?  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Absolutely!

It’s a shame we can’t bring Dalton back too.  Haven’t they cancelled the Olympics yet?  ::)

Even if we could, we've replaced Daltons spot on the list.
Paige Trudgeon

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/853664/game-changers-sign-trudgeon-on-eve-of-season
Trudgeon makes her way onto the list as a replacement for Chloe Dalton, who will miss the 2021 season due to her commitments with the Australian Rugby Sevens team.

Reply #8
Wishful thinking Kruddler - Dalton and Walker complemented each other with their aggressive running.

Reply #9
Wishful thinking Kruddler - Dalton and Walker complemented each other with their aggressive running.
Add in Gee and there is always someone that the opposition cannot keep up with.

Gee is just on her own though, she gets marked closer than anyone outside of maybe Prespakis.

Reply #10
Add in Gee and there is always someone that the opposition cannot keep up with.

Gee is just on her own though, she gets marked closer than anyone outside of maybe Prespakis.

Walker and Gee in the same team should make life a little easier for Georgia 🙂

Reply #11
It would be nice if the AFL put out some football records for the ladies. I usually put a lot of notes, as well as the scoring in them and have suffered form their absence.
I don't remember the team list come game time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
In Harris and daisy walker (no brooke)
Out hill and guerin

Reply #13
Shame about Brooke.

I thought Madeline Guerin was OK last week, and she's another one with a good turn of speed.

Reply #14
Shame about Brooke.

I thought Madeline Guerin was OK last week, and she's another one with a good turn of speed.

I thought Guerin was quite decent last week. For all that, Daisy Walker has been good as well, and she isn't slow.
Brooke Walker looks like she isn't going to see much of this season, which really hurts us.

Mind you, having Melbourne beat Adelaide is going to make things interesting. The top is a very crowded territory.
Live Long and Prosper!