Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW R8 - Carlton vs Gold Coast @Metricon - Fri 5:10pm (Read 3265 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW R8 - Carlton vs Gold Coast @Metricon - Fri 5:10pm

Reply #15
Twice harris has had head high contact and twice she has flopped for no free.

I reckon if  she didn't flop, she'd get the free. Stop playing for frees!

Reply #16
Vescio on fire today.

Has us 2 points up.

Reply #17
Gold Coast 3.1
Darcy Vescio 3.1 (other carlton players 0.3)

Reply #18
After what happened last night, it will be good to get a win......% the bonus.

I was confident we would lose last night and i'm equally confident we will win tonight.

Lets see...

Despite giving them a 3 goal headstart, its now 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter (after a 5-day break) and we are double their score.
52-26.

Reply #19
Darcy Vescio just took mark of the year and kicked her 5th.

She'll get the 3 votes.....and the 2 and 1 as well.

Reply #20
Carlton have kicked the highest ever AFLW score.
87 points.

Final score
GC - 4.3. 27
CFC - 13.9.87

I said we needed % and i went with a conservative 30 point margin.

SMASHED IT.

Reply #21
Owned the game after half time... you just knew if a GC player was running at a ground ball, two of our gals would front up and we'd take the aggott away. Those last few minutes had me grinding my teeth... could have easily had another 2-4 goals if not for hurried shots.

Well done BlueBaggers, took your chances and reaped the rewards. Best game from us so far... what a great score line. Woo, hoo. %.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Now for Adelaide, Dockers and Lions to do the right thing by us with big wins  ;D  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Now for Adelaide, Dockers and Lions to do the right thing by us with big wins  ;D  ;D
In all honesty, they just need to win. Our % boost has got us to where we need it.
We just need the other clubs to lose

Reply #24
Not vote winners for mine but the following 3 veteran Creekers showed their stuff today.

Loynes - best game for the season with the benefit of considerably more time in the midfield
Brazzale - room to run and kick the cover off the ball
Downie - has definitely earned her place since being moved to the tall defensive role - not a lot of possessions but rarely beaten in the air and has significantly contributed to Harrington's increased output.

I wonder if McKay is carrying an injury.  She had been playing so well but the past 2 weeks she has looked very slow and has been repeatedly caught with the ball.

Reply #25
I wonder if McKay is carrying an injury.  She had been playing so well but the past 2 weeks she has looked very slow and has been repeatedly caught with the ball.
Probably suffering a bit form the absence of Mimi Hill, she is getting one of the fastest / strongest opposition taggers now week after week. Before Mimi Hill got injured she was probably 3rd or 4th in the pecking order behind Prespakis, Egan and Hill.

If Brooke Walker or Jess Hosking revert to a bit more of the on-ball roles she might get some relief.

I notice too that clubs have switched tactic on Prespakis, they no longer go with a small fast opponent to run off her, they are using bigger heavy bodies as pure negative players and it's had an impact. I suppose they have realised Prespakis hurts them on turnovers too much to let her get possessions in free space. But standing a bigger body on Prespakis releases yet another faster /stronger type to go to someone like McKay.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Just on this, Prespakis only had 11 touches. There was 11 girls in a navy blue jumper that had more than her. That is unheard of and she still contributed, but was nowhere near the bests IMO. Point being, so many girls were deserving of votes and its the best team performance we've ever had.....and the highest score ever in AFLW. Coincidence? I think not.

Just following up on this from the Votes thread.

It was an incredibly even performance and I don’t think that any of our players lowered their colours, with the possible exception of Abbie McKay who seemed down on form.

Prespakis had an unusually quiet day but, while she was not racking up possessions, she was still cracking in, putting pressure on the opposition and supporting her teammates.  I thought that she was playing very much in the style of Katie Loynes; doing the grunt work and enabling others to benefit.  Loynes managed to win a lot more of the ball as the game went on, and that was good to see.

I would be taking a video of the game to the umpires and asking them to explain what Tayla Harris has to do to win a free  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
I would be taking a video of the game to the umpires and asking them to explain what Tayla Harris has to do to win a free  :-\
I made a comment about this in the in-game thread. In short, not dive.

Reply #28
I made a comment about this in the in-game thread. In short, not dive.
Poor Tayla, she gets blatantly shoved in the back and also hit high regularly, I'm not sure I've ever seen an opponent not chop her arms when she is marking in front of the pack, yet hardly ever awarded a free.

If she hits someone high they'll crucify her!

Our girl Prespakis is dumped in the very same manner that saw her suspended multiple times a game, no frees and no reports.

Gee cops high bump after high bump from bigger opponents  and isn't rewarded a free, the high hits are not hard to do as they are all pretty much bigger than Geogia. But flip it around and Tayla hands out one to a smaller defender and is immediately penalised then crucified by the commentators, who warn her "to be careful!"

It's us versus them, feck em, feck em all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Now for Adelaide, Dockers and Lions to do the right thing by us with big wins

Adelaide 40 up on Dogs near 3/4 time 🤞
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.