Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW - Relationships (Read 1336 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW - Relationships

I notice the AFLW media covering the number of relationships that seem to exist in AFLW circles.

If it hasn't already stitched up clubs, for example us with Bri Davey leaving, it's only a matter of time before it bites some club. I'm very surprised it's allowed, within a team it's basically a workplace relationship, and when they go bad they often burn down the house!

It also comes across a tad unprofessional.
The Force Awakens!

Re: AFLW - Relationships

Reply #1
I notice the AFLW media covering the number of relationships that seem to exist in AFLW circles.

If it hasn't already stitched up clubs, for example us with Bri Davey leaving, it's only a matter of time before it bites some club. I'm very surprised it's allowed, within a team it's basically a workplace relationship, and when they go bad they often burn down the house!

I was more worried about it when Davey and her squeeze were both playing for us. Now that they are at different clubs, it offers up ... different ... questions. I don't know what they can do about that.

I also know that Maddy P has a girlfriend playing for GWS, I think.
I truly do not know how that is going to affect either party, but the possibilities are horrendous.

It has never been an issue with the boys because nobody has come out as being gay. However, now that being gay is more accepted, the issue will arise.

There is also going to issues when AFLW girls go out with AFL boys. Just because we've only heard of one or two cases so far doesn't mean it isn't going to happen a lot more.
In fact, it almost makes sense, as both parties know what the other goes through, having experienced the same environment. But the possibility of disaster when relationships go sour isn't going to go away.

I don't think we can regulate the issue away either. There isn't a lot of conscious choice when it comes to attraction between humans.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2

Not sure i agree, but that is somewhat irrelevent.

Reason being, they are not professional!

They get paid chicken feed and i've got no issue with it.

Reply #3
I don't think we can regulate the issue away either. There isn't a lot of conscious choice when it comes to attraction between humans.
As long as it is understood choices are no free of responsibility.

The Manager can choose to boof the Secretary, but if he does there are prices that must be paid. Two different rules for one event in one society cannot survive.

Dimma is a prime example, while it's sweet they are all good, but if it goes bad the cost is potentially horrendous, ................. integrity lost! Nobody can afford to take that risk, it can end dynasties!
The Force Awakens!