Skip to main content
Topic: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 47153 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #195
All evidence of the continued changing of the guard in terms of the club's playing list with the newer younger players coming in to replace the older guys. We'll be seeing even more evidence of it as BB gets more into his stride IMO. He knows he has to establish a completely new regime and that's a lot more difficult if too many of the old guard remain.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #196
I get your drift, but it's soul searching.

Reply #197
Probably your best bet is on the 'net.
AFL.com.au send through stats and stuff. It is a frustrating way to deal with the game, but better than nothing.
There are other options on the 'net, some of which supply live vision. I can't remember their names: they are memory hogs (no surprise) and we run out of memory if I use them.  :-[
Cheers Crash, might be the only here , was hoping to watch it, can't find any other seas sports channels streaming it . AFL it is

Reply #198
Enough Now

This is the Round 5 thread. Hopefully we can put up a good show and maybe sneak a win. I think that would be best for all to get a win even though most accept where we are at.

Let's get behind Bolton and the Blues and move may other "Mick" talk to the Mick Threads.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #199
Fear a big loss coming.

They improved last week and while losing still pushed north who are undefeated and now back on their home patch they will smell an easy kill against us and must get some points.

If they play close to their capibilites with be a big win for them.

Would need a blinder for all senior guys to avoid a smacking.

Trying to be optimistic but just can't see it being even close this week.

Hope I'm Wrong.

Reply #200
That's the way I see it as well. Will take a miracle for us not to get pumped. They are a tough, hard tackling accountable side. Everything we are not.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #201
yep 10 goals minimum

Reply #202
Just on that, is it possible that they are doing this by instruction? God forbid but you have to ask the question. Why isn't Bolton ripping into Gibbs and Murphy telling them to win their own ball? He called Murph a tough in and under player just two days ago but if he was that, surely he'd have a few more clearances? Just doesn't make sense.

Can anyone be forked pulling out both Murphy and Jibbs clearance averages in comparison to last year's?

Bolton made a comment about the players having to learn not to rely on Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer.  I wouldn't put it past him to have changed their roles in order to challenge other players, particularly as it is a long term process for Bolton and wins and losses are not all that important this season - although there's no doubt he'll take a win if it's on offer.

It's clear that Kreuzer's role has changed and I'll be watching the other two more closely today.

As discussed in an earlier thread, there's a lot of absorbing footy being played by the Bluebaggers even if it's not getting us the four points.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #203
Bolton made a comment about the players having to learn not to rely on Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer.  I wouldn't put it past him to have changed their roles in order to challenge other players, particularly as it is a long term process for Bolton and wins and losses are not all that important this season - although there's no doubt he'll take a win if it's on offer.

It's clear that Kreuzer's role has changed and I'll be watching the other two more closely today.

As discussed in an earlier thread, there's a lot of absorbing footy being played by the Bluebaggers even if it's not getting us the four points.

Fair enough, but is it worth putting so much on poor Crippa's shoulders so early in his career?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #204

Good post DJC.

Reply #205
Fair enough, but is it worth putting so much on poor Crippa's shoulders so early in his career?

If what DJC posts is right (I'm sure it is), I'm guessing that the pendulum has swung too much - it's good to give Cripps some more responsibility, but I think he's been given too much and needs help. I can imagine getting the balance right is not easy to do. 

Reply #206
This is a pre-game thread, not a coach bashing thread. Any more derailing commentary will continue to be deleted. Personal agendas are not welcome.

Reply #207
You can question my thoughts on Mick
You can question my thoughts on players

But I am at the worst ground in Australia, hoping to see the green sprouts. I have seen us get belted by 120 points and heartache losing by 3 in a semi here.

You cannot question my support for this club and we should all be in this together!

Go blues!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #208
You can question my thoughts on Mick
You can question my thoughts on players

But I am at the worst ground in Australia, hoping to see the green sprouts. I have seen us get belted by 120 points and heartache losing by 3 in a semi here.

You cannot question my support for this club and we should all be in this together!

Go blues!

Have a great day Shadesy!

I'm looking forward to reading about your observations of our green sprouts.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball