Skip to main content
Topic: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 50297 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #60
The process at the moment is education...when we get all the pieces to the puzzle ie required players to fill or the gaps we can work on the method/game plan.
I wouldnt be bothered over complicating things at the moment, some of our players are struggling with the basics..if we had 40 Weiterings/Cripps on the list then we could skip
process 101 and move to 301 but thats dreamimg...

I think Bolton himself admitted in a post match presser a week or two go all he can do is educate this season and look to cut and draft more players at season end...he knows
he need another big cull to get the list in shape..

I don't think Bolton has said anything about the list other than positive comments.  Unlike previous coaches, he is very supportive of the playing group in his public comments.  Of course, what he thinks privately may well be a different matter.

I think that he is pretty realistic about how long it will take before the gameplan is second nature and we develop the 'polish and execution' to carry it off.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #61
It would be the worst start to the season in our history. It basically starts the ball rolling.

I know, but the media and certain supporters love putting the boot in, so if it's not that "record", it will be something else.

You try and process as much repetitive information as you can, but after a while it's just becomes blah - you can't process it any more (for a multitude of reasons), so it just washes over you without any effect. I have no issue when the anti Carlton brigade rear their ugly heads, because I've read and experienced it that often, it's pointless focusing on it.

I hope the reset that is talked about extends throughout the club. We know the anti CFC crap will start sooner or later, and this doesn't interest me. What does interest me is our response to this. In the past we have poor in dealing with this, and if the reset is real and not just words, I expect the club to really improve in how they deal with it. 

Reply #62
It would be the worst start to the season in our history. It basically starts the ball rolling.

It's a good question you pose. Surely the club would not be dumb enough to pull the triggers (no pun intended) one year in, but at the same time, you cannot go through a season winless. Would be good if we beat the scum twice and that's it, they win 3-4 games and we get pick 1 and a priority pick. That would almost be the perfect result.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
Rain forecast for Freo on Sunday :(
Does this help ?
Any help appreciated

If it rains in Perth it usually doesn't rain for long.

...during the day it won't be too slippery and the ground will drain well. I don't think it will much difference.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #65
"We know Murph is tough in and under and he's a real hard gut runner so he's important to us and he'll be fine," coach Brendon Bolton said.

Hahaha wtf. Maybe we SHOULD sack him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #66
In: Jamo, White, Jones
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #67
First glance I thought you had Waite in there lol I wish

Reply #69
In: Jamo, White, Jones

Hmmmmm.....not really the ins I would've said that I'd want to see at the start of the year but anyway.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Not sure what to make of them, With Pav a maybe they dont really have much up forward. Perhaps White on Ballantyne would be my only thought.

I expect Jones to play. He has been rewarded for effort in Two's and don't mind that.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #71
So Jamo gets dropped, doesnt play in the 2's and gets named in the extended bench. So was he omitted or injured? Puzzling given its all about "earning youre spot".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #72
So Jamo gets dropped, doesnt play in the 2's and gets named in the extended bench. So was he omitted or injured? Puzzling given its all about "earning youre spot".

I would suggest he is an emergency.

@Shades

Definitely happy to give Jones a shot under the new regime.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #73

He couldn't play maggoos last week because he was the emergency.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #74
He couldn't play maggoos last week because he was the emergency.

Didn't take us long to switch back to the "Old Ways" did it? :o
The Force Awakens!