Skip to main content
Topic: Winx (Read 22946 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Winx

Reply #15
While trainer Chris Waller and the connections want to delay a decision on Winx's future until the new year, they are more certain about her ability to win the sapping two-mile test at Flemington as attention now turns to the Melbourne Cup.

"There's no doubt," part owner Tighe said of Winx's suitability to the Melbourne Cup. "You could train her to win The Everest, you could train her to win the Melbourne Cup. The thing is you can't win them all and you can't go to every country and race her.

"We're happy with what we've done. We don't want to go into unchartered waters, but we do have no hesitation in saying we think she could win anything she was trained for."
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16

Not what was said last night or this morning. Queen Elizabeth Stakes is the one they are looking that as a last hurrah if she goes on in Autumn. Her
best distance's are 1400 to 2200m. Melbourne Cup she might not stay not to mention the huge weight she would get. It's why superstars stay at WFA. Very few Makybe Diva's around. I wouldn't think there'd be a hope in hell she'd look at the Melbourne Cup. She'll be having fun with stallions this time next year.

Reply #17
Agree Jim... maybe they give her a farewell campaign next year, but it wouldn’t be the Melbourne Cup.

If it was me I wouldn’t risk running her again... nothing to prove, she has won $20+ million, get her breeding!

Reply #19
https://wwos.nine.com.au/horse-racing/winx-set-for-sydney-farewell-queen-elizabeth-stakes-autumn-carnival/ea367fc5-a535-4ceb-8fd2-2e82764a0e17

Somehow I suspect that the connections will have more of an idea of what the future will hold for Winx than a racing official trying to tout for business.

I guess we’ll find out in due course ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball