Skip to main content
Topic: Dhoni named in match fixing IPL games (Read 3812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dohni named in match fixing IPL games

Reply #1
Question is what do they do about it. I thought I have heard his name come up on this issue before.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Re: Dhoni named in match fixing IPL games

Reply #2
With the subcontinent controlling so much of cricket at the moment, the continuing stain of match fixing allegations has to hurt the credibility of the whole system there. This issue must be addressed, not just swept under the carpet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Good cricketer is Dhoni but the amount of money in cricket betting in the sub continent is just too tempting for some, hope that story isnt true...

Reply #4
Someone will slam me as a racist for saying this, but as a broad generalization the corruption in India is a business culture thing.

Being deceptive, making money on the side, not paying debts and short paying are all expected as part of being a good business person. If someone doesn't pay you or rips you off it is the person losing financially who is the fool, in Indian business culture the cash winner is the hero. Many wealthy locals would see the corruption players are involved in as a legitimate business opportunity.

In this respect I think India is a far tougher market to deal in than China, they are very similar, but at least the Chinese authorities take corruption seriously if not harshly! In India the corrupt individuals often get a tap on the wrist then employed by a politician in another location.

The BCCI should not be in control of world cricket funds or cricket administration, I expect it will not end well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Someone will slam me as a racist for saying this, but as a broad generalization the corruption in India is a business culture thing.

Being deceptive, making money on the side, not paying debts and short paying are all expected as part of being a good business person. If someone doesn't pay you or rips you off it is the person losing financially who is the fool, in Indian business culture the cash winner is the hero. Many wealthy locals would see the corruption players are involved in as a legitimate business opportunity.

In this respect I think India is a far tougher market to deal in than China, they are very similar, but at least the Chinese authorities take corruption seriously if not harshly! In India the corrupt individuals often get a tap on the wrist then employed by a politician in another location.

The BCCI should not be in control of world cricket funds or cricket administration, I expect it will not end well.
I agree totally.
Live Long and Prosper!