Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 26113 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #60
It is exactly the same reason I left this place before, then it was a key board bully maned Pass It To Carrots, this particular bully is fixated upon some perceived uninformed notion that I actually am enjoying this current debacle.  Mods I find his behaviour insulting and if you are concerned about loosing posters and members then look at the arrogance of this particular buffoon. He will now typically respond and throw some more insults.

He didn't literally mean that you were "happy" to accept failure.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #61
He didn't literally mean that you were "happy" to accept failure.

Like reading the rules can lead to alternative interpretations, it's fair to assume posters will interpret meanings in posts differently and most interpretations are subjective not objective.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
I was at pub in the city drinking until the wee hrs with a few work mates, they had the game on Fox, I had two see it twice as they showed a replay afterwards (didnt really watch as I was concentrating on my pints). So spare a thought for me kiddies, to use one of BB's terms, I had to endure.
I have no detailed comments on the game other than to say what I did see was truly appalling.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
He accused me of "embracing failure", not once have I even suggested it and if this bozo knew anything about me he wouldn't be so insulting in all his other posts, so instead of defending him let him take some responsibility. That's the problem with this site it's always the same old crew, ignoring the rest of us whilst you have you little conversations, this site is really nothing more than an ongoing conversation between about ten of you. You only ever respond to the majority of posters when you condescendingly comment on our "stupid" posts, or your usual response, just ignore what we have to say. And some of you wonder why this site has lost so many members.....
I've been posting here, and it's former carnation for over ten years, followed the team since I was in grade two, 1970, sat in the stand and watched five premierships, watched them loose two, my moniker says I am still bleeding Blue! So when some anonymous keyboard warrior  starts insulting my opinion, and trust me I truly consider my posts, it leaves such a foul taste in my mouth. I don't want to let bullies win, so whilst part of me wants to feck off, the significantly bigger bit wont let the Laj's of this world win anymore. I founded a charity that fights for men's mental health, I've raised hundred's of thousands of dollars for the men of Ballarat so don't accuse me of accepting failure, I fecking eat it for brekky. Happy for any PM's from anyone in regards to my charity and foundation.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #64
So AFL is a level playing field.

Ling accuses Lamb of eye gouging, then claims he's not trying accuse Lamb of anything, then he repeats the footage and restates the accusation twice during a quarter time break and post match. If I were Lamb I'd job Ling if he walked past me, it's a disgrace and another in a long trend of such events from Ling and other Geelong types!

McAvaney brings up a list of our injuries and tells the world it's an inspiring list, while the Aints similarly long list is full of excitement. btw., the list CheatsTV showed for Carlton excluded a number of our starting 22! Then he makes jokes at Carlton expense later in the broadcast and feigns being shocked by what he stated!

BT accuses Simmo of being too old, and of going blind in his old age because of a disposal error.

At the post match presser McFarlane basically accuses Bolton of tanking through player "management", then today his Hun rag reports the heavy hitting article that our club jumper looks crap! They are also call for a 3 year ban of Carlton from Friday and other prime time night fixtures including Thursday nights like Rnd 1! Again if a Carlton person walks past McFarlane they should punch him in the face!

When are people around Carlton going to get serious about the idea that defending our brand and culture means doing more than just trying to play football! Just wearing this stuff breaks the players down mentally as much as any on field or training pressure will!

Where the feck is Liddle, is the job too hot for him?

And what about The Judge, is he doing a deaf, dumb and blind monkey imitation and denying responsibility?

If they won't stand up in the media blowtorch and defend our club, who does! The attitude you see on field is a direct reflection of the more general attitude around the club, no doubt about that!

Part of the job of the board, executive and staff is to take the pressure off the players, not heap it on them! Clubs routinely do this even when they have a list for experienced veterans, we aren't doing it with a list full of kids! It's a huge tell about the problems that exist at Carlton!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
I was at pub in the city drinking until the wee hrs with a few work mates, they had the game on Fox, I had two see it twice as they showed a replay afterwards (didnt really watch as I was concentrating on my pints). So spare a thought for me kiddies, to use one of BB's terms, I had to endure.
I have no detailed comments on the game other than to say what I did see was truly appalling.

No worries GTC. Analysing that game in detail, for a CFC suuporter, would be akin to self-flagellation! Hope you had imbibed sufficient liquid anesthetic to fully kill the pain of watching it twice!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
Took a triple dose of medication and missed the game.  Can somebody please give me a balanced precis of Harry's game,  from the raw stats he looked like he got involved at times.   The stats for the smaller forwards- SOJ,  Pickett,  Garlett, Polson etc are pathetic:  if you can't get a kick you can still chase and tackle.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #67
then today his Hun rag reports the heavy hitting article that our club jumper looks crap!

They're calling it the worst jumper of all time lol.

It might be our worst jumper but it still better than most of the AFL's real jumpers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #68

It might be our worst jumper but it still better than most of the AFL's real jumpers.

Firstly, it's subjective reporting, quoting fans who are not even Carlton supporters.

But the burn for me it that it is the silence from our club that that allows this sort of reporting to happen, maybe the club board, Admin and staff agree!

What are we paying Liddle for, just another huge recruiting mistake, Bartlett has blokes like Balme and Swann laughing at us on his radio show!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69

It's an away jumper. Who cares? They all look crap.

Reply #70
Took a triple dose of medication and missed the game.  Can somebody please give me a balanced precis of Harry's game,  from the raw stats he looked like he got involved at times.   The stats for the smaller forwards- SOJ,  Pickett,  Garlett, Polson etc are pathetic:  if you can't get a kick you can still chase and tackle.

Harry was pretty good. Looked absolutely cooked by the third quarter as he had spent a lot of time in the ruck. His sprint away from Carlisle when he hit the post was excellent. So much potential. Amazing that they sat him in the stands last week.

Reply #71

Raw, has good attacking potential, good speed, but seems uninterested in defending -  looks like a front runner at this stage. Could be youth, personality, etc. Hard to say at this point. He simply must play all remaining games. The time to find out whether he's a time waster is now.

As an aside, our F50 pressure is atrocious.

Reply #72
Harry was pretty good. Looked absolutely cooked by the third quarter as he had spent a lot of time in the ruck. His sprint away from Carlisle when he hit the post was excellent. So much potential. Amazing that they sat him in the stands last week.

So you watch him run out of legs and wonder why he isn't playing? That is the reason he isn't playing, and it's allegedly related to a work ethic issue.

There are other reasons, he has missed pre-seasons and games due to injury, also I believe the club is managing his fatigue levels due to a dose of glandular fever last season exactly like they did Charlie. But in comparison to Charlie, who we realise is elite, McKay allegedly hasn't shown the same work ethic to catch up.

As for that pump up about his run, it's KPP bullcrap, every small and medium forward on our list can probably outrun Carlilse for a ground ball. A 200cm x 100kg player is not out there to be a rover, it's a losing tactic!

As an aside, our F50 pressure is atrocious.

There it is, an uncomfortable truth, fans prefer to bash Jones, Weitering, Plowman or Marchbank than call out the guys who kick an occasional soft goal! and otherwise do feck all!

I though the biggest positive last night was SPS, when the sh1t hit the fan he actually looked like he wanted to do something about it! But it's hard to have any effect when you are on your own! Another good positive was Cripps marking, but we have to keep in mind the Aints are a small side.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73

Harry would be a good finisher in a good team, got all the skills but playing with the bananas like we have is going to limit and slow his development.
Got whacked in a pack marking attempt and got straight back up which shows he can handle the physical stuff....Bolton has erred not playing him yet handed games to a dud like Polson......just inept coaching and selection....

Reply #74
It's an away jumper. Who cares? They all look crap.

I'd like to see the sales figures for them.  I imagine they'd be miserable.  The AFL have no idea how the traditional jumpers of all clubs unite and incite supporters.  None.