Skip to main content
Topic: Garlett Dropped Last Week For Disciplinary Reasons (Read 25391 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Garlett Dropped Last Week For Disciplinary Reasons

Reply #15
If true, that is not good enough for a professional sportsman.

Might be doing a complete cleanout of the three amigos and it wouldn't worry me one iota. They either fulfil their obligation to the club every week or we find someone else who will.

Very simple IMO.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
Unless he was stuck in a sumptuous woman, he has no excuse.

:-[ Didn't work for me either when as a young sailor I offered up an even more lame excuse after a w/e of serious learning and pleasure. (it was Hawaii and she was a stunning African American woman 10 years older than teenage me... what would you do?!?!?).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Wow, never would have happened last year. ;D
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #18
Breathtakingly slack! WTF is going on there??

Wasn't there talk that he's had some issues in his private life recently? Even so, not an excuse.

Back this week though - be interesting to see how he goes.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
FWIW the car park at the G was closed the day we played Richmond.

Reply #20
Wow, never would have happened last year. ;D

What wouldnt have?  The weak excuse or the punishment?

FWIW our boys are princesses of the highest order, and Garlett was in Micks good books early in the year.

In any case we sit there potting the coach to defend the playing group and we end up with this sort of junk.  Dont the players park under the G?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #21

Wasn't there talk that he's had some issues in his private life recently? Even so, not an excuse.

MM... time to be ruthlessly objective. We know you like Jeffy... even played kick-to-kick pre game, but sentiment has to go.

Will Jeffy deliver under serious finals pressure...? Ditto Eddie?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22

MM... time to be ruthlessly objective. We know you like Jeffy... even played kick-to-kick pre game, but sentiment has to go.

Will Jeffy deliver under serious finals pressure...? Ditto Eddie?

In a different set of circumstances it looks like Jeff and Yarran have been given the same treatment regarding discipline.  If this is consistent we would expect to see Jeffy wearing the green vest i suppose...

It also appears that a baseline punishment for general lack of discipline and insuboordination is being set regarding consequences.

I approve of this.  Its not overly harsh either.  Dropped for a week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
It is extremely disappointing that Eddie, Jeff and Chris has all seemingly been unable to cope with MM and have crumbled in varying degrees when the blowtorch was placed on them in regards to discipline and application. This week may be the last game they play together

Reply #25
It is extremely disappointing that Eddie, Jeff and Chris has all seemingly been unable to cope with MM and have crumbled in varying degrees when the blowtorch was placed on them in regards to discipline and application. This week may be the last game they play together

I hope not.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #26

Do you think that says a lot more of their character than MM as a coach? 

Reply #27

Depends which side of the fence people think
Personally, and not being a huge fan of MM, I'd say the former

Reply #28

Jury's still out for me on that - the playing group under MM is very much still in the "Storming" phase AFAIC. Hopefully after the drafts and trade periods and moving beyond we'll see it move quickly through "Norming" and "Forming" and finally hit "Performing" in time for 2014.  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
I don't understand why MM is being questioned in this latest misdemeanour. Jeff was given a simple task which he neglected and was dealt with by the leadership group.
IN WADA WE TRUST