Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS (Read 34317 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #105
David Cunningham nailed the Rising Star nomination for round 12.
Very happy for DC, seems to be finding his place nicely. Confidence is a wonderful thing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #106
Very happy for DC, seems to be finding his place nicely. Confidence is a wonderful thing.

Yep well done to him...One of those players that goes better in the seniors than he ever will in the twos IMO, been a real find and having mids who kick goals
are a precious commodity...

Reply #107

Great news. Well done DC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #108
Great news. Well done DC.

Well done indeed. Good stuff DC.

Another one from the 2015 draft that will be a keeper.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #109
Went to the game and only watched the replay last night.

Still think the umpiring against us was crape - they very nearly got GWS over the line in the last 5 mins!

I thought at The game that Gibbs spectated a bit but actually he was very good.

Fisher and Jed look similar on the run!

Marchbank made errors but god he's a good player - he made a lot of plays and altho two bad kicks I see such good signs there.

Thought Plow was great.

And thought at the game Sumner did not much but again on tv you can see how at times he was fully in the game.

Go Blues - I just love the intensity we're seeing! Looking back to days under Mm gosh they were bad days viewing live, depressing really! But not this  ^-^

Reply #110
I wonder if more than a few of the GWS blokes now realise that drinking your own bathwater can leave a bad taste in your mouth?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #111
I wonder if more than a few of the GWS blokes now realise that drinking your own bathwater can leave a bad taste in your mouth?

That Toby Green is such a Tosser  ::)
Don't like the guy and his attitude, the new Stevie J I think?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #112
If Toby Green wanted to come to PP, I'd be wrapped. Might be a smart @rse (which can be educated out of him) but he's one helluva player.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #113
If Toby Green wanted to come to PP, I'd be wrapped. Might be a smart @rse (which can be educated out of him) but he's one helluva player.

Agreed, he's a Robinson type, but a far far better footballer. Green, as bog of a knob as he is, remains an A Grade footballer!

But does he fit with BB's ethos or players with good character, humility, gratitude and stability?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #114

Absolutely.

The guy is getting some criticism after almost winning the last two games single handedly.

Christ, the fact he was in so much play so late in the game tells you he's a guy who wants the ball when it's close. And I got the feeling late in our game we had a few that were a little bit reluctant to take responsibility.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #115
Christ, the fact he was in so much play so late in the game tells you he's a guy who wants the ball when it's close. And I got the feeling late in our game we had a few that were a little bit reluctant to take responsibility.

I'd have moire faith in Toby Greene maintaining his influence away from the surroundings of the magnificent GWS list than Joshua Kelly.

Greene is a more of a physical player, and it's clear he has that bit of bastard about him!

I think if Toby Greene learns to sacrifice, he can be as influential as Sam Mitchell, all be it in a different role.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
Greene playing under BB would be pretty good!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #118

I thought at The game that Gibbs spectated a bit but actually he was very good.

I was at the game and thought the same, I have since watched the game twice.
Not sure he did that much at all.