Skip to main content
Topic: Where is Sam Durdin ? (Read 310 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is Sam Durdin ?

Just wondering what has happened to Sam Durdin. He played in the VFL practice match at Punt Rd but missed the first two official VFL games. His name has not appeared on any injury lists . Has he given it away ?

Re: Where is Sam Durdin ?

Reply #1
It's a good question.
Not on injury list.
Not on VFL team sheet last week.

If fit, would be a possible consideration this week.

Reply #2
Lewis Young and Lemmey are ahead of him in the pecking order ...
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Lewis Young and Lemmey are ahead of him in the pecking order ...

Lemmey's a project.
A work in progress...He was OK last week in defence, but there is a big jump from a 'try' in defence and a full game at AFL level.
If Young's not selected that will set the rumour mill off again ::)

Reply #4
Lemmey's a project.
A work in progress...He was OK last week in defence, but there is a big jump from a 'try' in defence and a full game at AFL level.
If Young's not selected that will set the rumour mill off again ::)

Sam is on the list to provide injury cover.  Harry is on the list because he has potential.  The club has decided that Harry should play as a defender if he is going to realise that potential.  That puts him ahead of Sam.

Of course, that's just speculation on my part ... Sam could have tweaked a hammy  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
If Durdin doesn't play this week, then something very odd is happening. We need a little experience on the park in the VFL!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
I understand from a source of a source, who won't acknowledge his sources(Not that BT, the other one)  ;)
...that he has a VFL suspension.

Reply #7
I understand from a source of a source, who won't acknowledge his sources(Not that BT, the other one)  ;)
He was suspended for raising the middle digit to so opposition fans in a practice game. That should be over by now!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8

That is correct; Sam has served his VFL suspension from an incident in a VFL pre-season game and has been named as an emergency for our Geelong clash.