Skip to main content
Topic: Old Foes (Read 1812 times) previous topic - next topic

Old Foes

The better half and I thought we would take in the Northern Bellarine Arts Trail today and it was well worthwhile.

Our first stop was Bennet’s Winery where we enjoyed a delicious platter of cheeses, smoked fish and eel and cured meats (and a cheeky ????).  The works of art were displayed around the venue and one that caught my eye was “Old Foes”.  It depicted Carlton and Collingwood players involved in a melee and it captured the scene really well.  I couldn’t recognise any players but numbers 13 and 43 were prominent.  The umpires were in contemporary colours so it’s meant to be a fairly modern scene.

It really did capture the rivalry and atmosphere of a Carlton-Collingwood clash and I was tempted to buy it.  However, the thought of having Collingwood colours on one of my walls put me off ... as did the price tag.

Anyway, if you happen to be on or near the Bellarine tomorrow, drop in to Bennet’s and check out “Old Foes”.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Old Foes

Reply #1
Their pizzas are excellent.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2
Their pizzas are excellent.

Yes they are good!

Our neighbours do excellent pizzettas, their wine is cheaper and just as good and their XPA is brilliant.

A bit of a trap really  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Bennett's reserve Shiraz is very good - nice and aromatic and an elegant counterpoint to big, warm, traditional Australian Shiraz.

Drizzle has set in on the Bellarine, a wood fired pizza sounds a good option.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
I tried the Reserve Shiraz yesterday and it was pretty good ????

We travelled over to Bellbrae Estate today - a mate was playing there.  The Sticks and Bones food truck was there and I had a good feed; Tacos medley and sweet potato chips!

Reply #5
Did you at least get a photo of it that you can share?

Reply #6
Did you at least get a photo of it that you can share?

No, they frown on people photographing artworks but I was tempted to try.  The problem was that the painting was hung about 3m above the ground.