Washington Redskins (NFC East)
[ 0 ] (0%)
None
[ 2 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Topic: The NFL thread (Read 21664 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The NFL thread

Reply #46
You wont find any eagles supporter crying "poor us", we didn't set the odds, eagles have been the least favoured team in every playoff, hence "under-dogs"..... It's over for the Vikes Krud, be gracious.......
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #47
You wont find any eagles supporter crying "poor us", we didn't set the odds, eagles have been the least favoured team in every playoff, hence "under-dogs"..... It's over for the Vikes Krud, be gracious.......

Note my issues was the commentators during the coverage of the game, not the result.

You guys finished atop the NFC and although you had a shaky period during the QB transition, you deserve to be there.

However, every team has injuries and i don't think you had anymore than your fair share. You should've started favourites @home vs Vikes, but didn't. I don't set the odds either.

Reply #48
It's all irrelevant. The Pats are favoured to win and win, they will. Number 6 is 8 days away.

Reply #49
Join the queue Jofo, this Eagles team is all about the "team", no matter who gets injured, bring it on, the Pats (as I have said) super vulnerable to a four man rush defence, that is exactly how the Eagles play, Brady has to depend entirely on his front line to give him time meantime Young and Jenkins swarm him around the side, and then there is always Fletcher Cox.......

Reply #50
Join the queue Jofo, this Eagles team is all about the "team", no matter who gets injured, bring it on, the Pats (as I have said) super vulnerable to a four man rush defence, that is exactly how the Eagles play, Brady has to depend entirely on his front line to give him time meantime Young and Jenkins swarm him around the side, and then there is always Fletcher Cox.......

#GoGreen
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #51
The Eagles have flown!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reply #52
Congrats to the eagles. An almighty effort to compete with and beat the patriots. Their aggressive play continued and was the difference.

However, that first touchdown that was reviewed should never have been given. Didn't have control, stepped on the line and still didn't have control.
That being said, the 2nd one that was reviewed, never should have been reviewed. Clear touchdown.....which they eventually agreed with, but it was 50-50 based on the length of the review.

But hey, a bit of luck never hurt anyone

Reply #53
Great Super Bowl and one of the most enjoyable fumble recoveries in recent memory.

Between Richmond and Philadelphia, it ill be line ball which win will create the bigger apocalypse.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #54
I am still getting my head around the 4th down touchdown the QB scored, although at the time he was probably a tight end!! Gutsyest coaches call I can remember, but that was Doug all year completely trusting his playing group, I see a bit of Bolt's in Pederson, building a resilient playing group first, gives me hope, unlike my Championship team Leeds, one step forward three back. But the Eagles represent the first part of my personal trifecta, 1/ Philly Super Bowl (Tick), 2/ Leeds elevated to EPL, 3/ Blues Premiership.........

You never know........ ???

Reply #55
The Eagles have flown!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations. I have just got over that loss. It was in the bag until that strip sack. Oh well, we've had our fair share of luck in Superbowls.

Reply #56
So just got done watching the Vikings vs Packers game....

:o

What a game.

Reply #57
So just got done watching the Vikings vs Packers game....

:o

What a game.

It's like dancing with your sister....

Reply #58
It's like dancing with your sister....

It is, but i'll take it.

We had a punt blocked and returned for a TD to start the game off.

We had our kicker miss 3 makeable FGs, including one to win the game.

Former 1st round WR dropping more catches than Phil Tufnell did, including one that turned into an interception.

We ended up scoring 22 points in the 4th quarter to come back and tie, then defense came up trumps in OT to move you guys out of FG range which would've won the game for you.

...we had a plenty go wrong, and still got a tie @Lambeau.

Positives.

Reply #59
It is, but i'll take it.

We had a punt blocked and returned for a TD to start the game off.

We had our kicker miss 3 makeable FGs, including one to win the game.

Former 1st round WR dropping more catches than Phil Tufnell did, including one that turned into an interception.

We ended up scoring 22 points in the 4th quarter to come back and tie, then defense came up trumps in OT to move you guys out of FG range which would've won the game for you.

...we had a plenty go wrong, and still got a tie @Lambeau.

Positives.

Funny, I saw quite a few  positives in our game too, I guess we both must be optimists !!