Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Game 2 (Read 45135 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Game 2

Reply #90
Agreed. We are going at 50% efficiency by foot which is abysmal. How many times do our guys just panic and throw it on their foot, or give a crapty handball to a bloke under pressure????

Just like last week the opposition is doing what they please, and our forward entries [when we get them] are a shambles. The kicking into the i50 is schoolboy bad. We are getting smashed with tackle pressure which is also causing plenty of turnovers.

Some nice moments from a few of the youngsters, but a lot of dross from Thomas, Boek, Lamb, Buckley etc. It's hard to comment too much when you have so many non AFL standard footballers together in one place...........

Reply #91
Buckley's been off since mid first qtr after he hurt himself

Reply #92
Turnovers on the half back line when no real pressure is on it hurting us on the scoreboard . No direction and no inspiration in the forward half at all

Reply #93
Simon White is the biggest 5hittruck in the afl

Reply #94
Lack of Skill errors Creating the turnovers are making a mokery of any effort we put in. We look worse than last year ATM

Reply #95
Turning into another flogging and C. Curnow off injured?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
I am sooooooooooo glad I didn't bother going today. Have those green shoots that sprung out last year been trampled on.
 :(

Reply #97
This is vomit worthy.
Putting aside how bad they are, I said last week that we still have no system or idea or method, call it what you will, when kicking out after the opposition have scored a behind.

That has got nothing to do with the quality or otherwise of the players on the ground.

They have had 5 months to work out some sort of system and the coaches haven't done so. In fact, Bolton has had all of last year plus 5 months to come up with something. How hard can it be to watch what the top teams do and TRY, yes, I know we aren't much good, but at least TRY, to emulate them.

It's an absolute joke.

Reply #98
Lack of Skill errors Creating the turnovers are making a mokery of any effort we put in. We look worse than last year ATM

Hard to tell if it it's worse than last year until they play real footy. We were dead ordinary in this game last year against Essendon that weren't really Essendon.

Reply #99
I've never been more disheartened leading into a season than I am right now.. basic skill errors, lack of effort and floggings is not a great look going into a long season.. awful stuff.

Reply #100
I am sooooooooooo glad I didn't bother going today. Have those green shoots that sprung out last year been trampled on.
 :(

Green shoots maybe getting a bit scorched by the sun?

I too was thinking of going until a sudden flash of reality kicked in - glad I didn't bother either!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #101
I just feel sick watching this crap....wtf have they been doing for the last 5 months....the skills and decision making of the team today is suburban C Grade at best >:( >:(

Reply #102
Starc 5-2-1-13

India 1/20 off 10 overs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #103
We're not trying very hard at all

Reply #104
Yep. This is putrid stuff.

We look like amos reserves. Completely inept in all departments and absolutely embarrassing to watch.

Thomas / White / etc are the worst offenders.