Reply #30
@GTC

Especially if the bear is crazy!
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: The Venting Thread

Reply #31
@GTC

Especially if the bear is crazy!
Well thats the thing here Cookie, we aren't dealing with rational people who will debate an issue over tea and scones under the control of a moderator. These crazy forkers play for keeps.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
Unhinged crazy was calling up complaining to a well known organization... Go figure.

Reply #33
Unhinged crazy was calling up complaining to a well known organization... Go figure.

The difference here is that the organization he was complaining about appears to have been poking him. We know he is a crazy, and it appears they lightly stretched the truth on some issues to help paint their ratings picture. If true, if they could have possibly even contributed to the break, shouldn't they at least apologise to the siege victims!

Has that radio station ever apologised to the family of the nurse, if it was a sincere apology I gather it would not have any strings attached?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34

The difference here is that the organization he was complaining about appears to have been poking him. We know he is a crazy, and it appears they lightly stretched the truth on some issues to help paint their ratings picture. If true, if they could have possibly even contributed to the break, shouldn't they at least apologise to the siege victims!

I don't watch Today Tonight, so I have no idea what they did to "poke" him. It's hard to imagine a scenario where whatever they were broadcasting is going to be a contributor to this guy going and taking a bunch of people hostage at gun point.  :-\

Has that radio station ever apologised to the family of the nurse, if it was a sincere apology I gather it would not have any strings attached?

No idea

Reply #35
I read the other day that radio station is about to get pounded in court over that fiasco.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
I don't watch Today Tonight, so I have no idea what they did to "poke" him. It's hard to imagine a scenario where whatever they were broadcasting is going to be a contributor to this guy going and taking a bunch of people hostage at gun point.  :-\

Therein lies the problem. Normal people cannot understand it but this guy was far from normal or sane and various media organisations need to be mindful of this in their collective wisdom. They set themselves up as moral arbiters and sources of wisdom then act like ignorants messengers when it suits the motives.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Bit of venting from yours truly..

Cruelty to animals...cant put up with it eg the following:

a: The bloke who hit and killed that Border Collie in a ute with a mallet...you gutless piece of rubbish....you should be jailed for 10 years.

b: Live exports to Vietnam should be stopped, why?....their version of an abattoir is some lunatic with a sledgehammer laying into cattle who are tied to a post...

Reply #38
Following on from my previous vent on animal cruelty a while back  I have read with disgust today the story of one poor Black Labrador called Wilbur who some gutless scumbag stabbed 20 times in the poor dogs backyard...that poor animal would have suffered immense pain and it gets  my blood boiling thinking about it..
Anyone capable of this type of vicious slaughter is also a danger to humans IMO ...I hope they catch up with this creep and the Karma bus pays him/her a visit...

Reply #39
Elwood, I feel the exact same way as you. I have heard about this stabbing a few times recently. I don't understand it either. I remember a while back on Facebook there was recorded footage of 3 late teenage boys grab a 10 week old puppy (Guessing the age) and pour petrol all over the animal. Then they put it in their driveway and set a lit match to this poor dog. The poor thing screamed as it burst into flames and lived for around 20 seconds before it died. The whole time these 3 boys laughed at the animal for their entertainment. How someone can find this funny is beyond me. I never found out if the people were caught by any authorities. They should have the same thing done to them. >:(
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
It actually makes me tear up to hear such atrocities.   A dog will generally love you more than it loves itself.

I saw a video of a girl throwing puppies into a river one day and they were crying as she threw them.  Poor things.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
I don't really understand how people can be cruel to animals.  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
I think Animal welfare is paramount to a moral human existence.  That's why I am a vegetarian.  I don't eat any meat, fish or Poultry because (a) I don't believe you need it, (b) any killing of animals- e.g abattoir etc.  causes pain and is cruel in my opinion.